The Learning Corp: Principal Software Engineer
- Apply industry best practices and creativity to effectively architect, design, implement and support SaaS software products and services of high complexity.
- Help define and enforce development practices, including unit tests and code reviews.
- Work on problems where analysis requires evaluation of multiple factors of the overall product and service.
- Work collaboratively with engineering leadership, product managers, designers, and other stakeholders.
- Drive design and architecture decisions for the project.
- Promote and drive innovation in technologies, processes, and tools.
- Mentor junior team members.
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills.
- Emotional maturity and a positive can-do attitude.
- Comfort working in an extremely fast-paced and rapidly evolving start-up environment
- Pride in writing well-structured, well-commented, and maintainable code.
- Good architectural judgment while incorporating security, performance, and scalability in the product.
- Respected and acknowledged as an expert by peers.
- Ability to collaborate with everybody including people with disparate views so as to arrive at the best possible solution.
- 7+ years of experience developing, maintaining and innovating large scale web apps and services with at least 2 years in a technical lead role.
- Substantial experience with Java, Spring Boot and AWS, Messaging frameworks like RabbitMQ or Kafka, Micro-services, serverless and other architectures, unit testing & test-driven development (TDD), software design & architecture, Agile Development especially SCRUM, relational database technology and NoSQL (including an understanding of trade-offs).
- BS/MS in computer science or equivalent work experience
More Jobs From