iZotope: Scrum Master
Office Tour Photos
About the Job
We are seeking an experienced Scrum Master to join our Product Development team responsible for developing our award winning audio applications and plugins for sound designers, musicians and audio production professionals. No two days are alike at iZotope and we thrive on it - we transform our passion for audio into innovations in the way we create and listen to sound.
The Scrum Master will be instrumental in ensuring that our product development teams realize their full potential in delivering against our product roadmap. This includes teaching Agile concepts and principles, continually improving and iterating on our existing processes, evangelizing an agile mindset and driving change across the organization where needed.
Qualified applicants would be comfortable working side by side with an agile team in a Scrum Master role, while simultaneously coaching the teams and the product development organization. The ideal candidate would have prior experience with audio plugins and/or virtual instruments and be familiar with trends in the audio industry.
Responsibilities will include:
- Scrum Master - Perform Scrum Master duties, including facilitating Scrum meetings and retrospectives, backlog refinement, metric-driven sprint and release planning, removing impediments to team progress, mitigating risk, and supporting teams to effectively use JIRA and other tooling and artifacts to promote communication and transparency for project stakeholders
- Collaboration - Work closely with Product Management, Software Developers, Quality Assurance Engineers, UX Designers, Sound Designers and Marketing to define, build and deliver high quality, innovative audio products, focused on delivering customer value
- Culture - Promote the behaviors and benefits of self-organizing teams, and contribute to a culture that values design thinking, and continuous improvement of the agile process.
- Facilitation and Relationship Building - Facilitate cross-functional team discussions, decision making, and conflict resolution. Build and maintain strong relationships, beyond the development team, with technical and non-technical stakeholders.
- Continuous Improvement - Assess the Agile maturity of the team and organization and coach the team to higher levels of maturity, at a pace that is sustainable and comfortable for the team and organization. Identify and codify emerging practices.
- Agile Coach - Coach teams as an expert on lean/agile practices, including effective story writing, estimation, story splitting, prioritization and other Scrum activities. Support and coach Product Owners, especially with respect to grooming and maintaining the product backlog.
- Bachelor’s degree in a relevant field (CS, Music Production, Business, etc.)
- Minimum of 5 years’ experience in an Scrum Master and/or Agile Coach capacity for a software product company
- Thorough understanding of agile software development methodologies, values, and procedures, such as Scrum, XP, Kanban, etc.
- Strong leadership skills and proven track record of facilitating cross-functional teams from product inception through customer delivery
- Coaching mindset with a well-established repertoire of coaching techniques
- Agile and/or coaching certification (CSM). Certified Enterprise Team Coach (CTC), Certified Enterprise Coach (CEC) or similar, a plus
- Flexible, adaptive and creative mindset and strong business intuition; able to identify innovative solutions to complex problems
- Passionate and experienced at driving and enabling organizational process change; able to master and explain complicated concepts and align organization on decisions; comfortable influencing without authority
- Exceptional verbal and written communication, listening, interpersonal, analytical and organizational skills
- Self-directed, detail-oriented, able to learn and adapt quickly and work independently
- Background or interest in audio technology and/or audio software applications
- Professional training or teaching experience
- Familiarity with Software Quality Assurance & Test Automation
- Familiarity with continuous integration environment and tools
- Previous experience or training as an Agile Product Owner
- Experience with mobile, web of cloud application development
This position is located in our corporate headquarters in Cambridge, MA. Must be authorized to work in the United States.
iZotope makes audio products and technologies that are used around the world. We have
a wide range of customers, from the millions of consumers who enjoy our audio
enhancement to GRAMMY-winning producers using our pro products to the corporations
who license our technology for use in their own products. We are a growing team of
highly motivated people who are constantly looking to innovate and improve the way we
create and listen to audio.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From