Ordergroove is a commerce technology platform that enables brands and omnichannel retailers to achieve what we call Relationship Commerce - shifting their consumer interactions from one-and-done transactions to long-lived, highly profitable relationships. Our unique combination of powerful technology and proprietary data and analytics helps some of the largest brands in the world transform their retail experiences across channels.
Were looking for an experienced Sales Development Team Lead to join our growing sales team. This is an exciting opportunity to influence our sales process and build out a sales development team within a fast growing tech company!
Youll build out a sales development team that will partner with the sales and marketing teams to help them better understand lead behavior at the top of the funnel. The team lead and Sales Development Reps (SDRs) will qualify inbound leads along with targeted outbound selling. Youll become an expert in our business and product to identify customer needs and seamlessly articulate Ordergrooves value proposition.
Youll have the opportunity to impact the day to day of our sales team operations and implement your own playbook. Youll be the process enforcer and master of our sales tools, influencing the entire team to use better best practices that will enable us to shorten our sales cycle. Youll work on interesting special projects such as contract creation, quarterly earning releases and annual reports.
Youll know youre successful when you help build out a sales development team that can create qualified meetings for the Account Executives, and help keep the sales process seamless.
Not only will you be working with a passionate, hardworking and fun team - youll learn every single day and can expect further opportunities in sales, customer success, and leadership roles.
What you will do:
- Build out a sales development team, including the recruitment, hiring and development of Sales Development Representatives.
- Outbound sourcing, development and qualification of new leads.
- Nurturing leads, building rapport and developing leads into new opportunities.
- Get decision makers to commit to meetings and schedule introductory meetings for Account Executives.
- Utilizing industry knowledge to research and develop accounts, identify key players, and generate interest.
- Develop and implement new prospecting strategies.
- Develop, articulate and master the Ordergroove value proposition pitch.
- Master the sales process and tools. Evangelize better best practices.
- 2 - 4 years of experience in a similar Sales Development or Sales Support Team Lead role.
- Experience in a fast-growing startup in the SaaS space.
- Created an SDR playbook from scratch and / or implemented sales processes.
- Familiarity with sales platforms like Salesforce and Outreach (or similar).
- Customer focused: you establish and maintain credible relationships and operate with a customer first mentality.
- Drive for results: you take initiative, youre action oriented, and ambitious. You're looking for a steep growth trajectory where you can own your own success and overachieve against measurable performance goals.
- Comfortable being uncomfortable: were a fast moving start up and change happens regularly. You thrive in ambiguity and arent knocked off balance by the unexpected.
- Cool under pressure: youre composed and can be counted on to hold things together during stressful times. Youve experienced and handled customer objections and rejections without showing frustration.
- Setting the game plan: youre good at figuring out the processes necessary to get things done and understands how to separate and combine tasks into efficient work flow.
- Developing others: youve led teams before and can seamlessly balance time between hands on sales development work and creating compelling developmental assignments for your direct reports.
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
More Jobs From