Office Tour Photos
The DevOps Engineer for Actifio will be responsible to design, build, deploy, operate and maintain the company’s research and development labs/data centers comprising over one thousand servers and several petabytes of storage. The position will also support corporate production resources, including customer- facing systems and networks. The position will primarily support the Company’s engineering organization by providing the lab and IT services required for the development, build, and quality assurance of the Actifio product portfolio.
- Researches and plans solutions to enhance software engineering practices including architecture
- operating system, languages, development tools, testing, diagnostics, and security
- Performs other related duties as required by position
- Troubleshooting issues with servers, workstations, and associated systems
- Documenting network problems and their resolution for future reference
- Installing, configuring, and maintaining network and computing infrastructure, hardware and software,
- services, equipment and devices
- Developing and maintaining self-service provisioning and management, both locally and in the cloud.
- Supporting administration of servers and server clusters
- Monitoring and tuning system performance
- System back-up and restore resources and procedures
- Phone system, network, and associated devices
- Bachelors or Masters Degree preferred
- Strong analytical, problem-solving, communication and project/resource management skills
- Strong verbal and written communicator: ability to effectively communicate technical concepts to other technical staff members as well as communicating technical concepts to non-technical staff members
- Proven ability supporting corporate helpdesk functions
- Systems: Windows, Mac, Linux, Cisco
- Fundamental networking experience, including BGP, OSPF, STP, 802.1X, and 802.1Q protocols.
- Proficiency in at least one scripting language, such as Bash, or Python.
- Familiarity with Open Source infrastructure components including BIND, DHCPD, Kerberos, Nagios,
- Cacti, and Graylog.
- Physical demands – Must be able to lift and/or move items up to 30 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move items up to 60 pounds.
- The employee will occasionally be required to stoop, kneel, crouch, climb or balance
- Solid understanding of the VMware virtualization ecosystem including ESXi, vCenter, vShield, vRealize & vCloud Director
- Solid understanding of both iSCSI and Fibre Channel (FC) SAN design and optimization.
Actifio is the pioneer of multi-cloud copy data management software. With more than 3,600 customers around the world, Actifio enables organizations to virtualize and deliver their data instantly, anywhere. An enterprise-class software platform powered by patented Virtual Data Pipeline™ technology, Actifio helps accelerate adoption of hybrid, public and multi-cloud strategies, build higher quality applications faster, and improve business resiliency and availability. For more, visit Actifio.com or follow @Actifio on Twitter.