Vertica is looking for a talented Product Manager to work on our purpose built analytics platform used by the world’s largest organizations focused on innovation and data driven businesses. We are looking for individuals who have hands on experience using data tools and building Big Data platforms as well as product management experience in the enterprise B2B software space. This role will put you at the forefront of data platforms working with customers including Uber and AT&T. Your goal is to make a significant business impact to the best big data platform. Vertica is the only analytical platform that can run in the cloud or on-premise handling the most complicated mixed workloads with the highest concurrency and fastest load and query speeds.
- Work closely with our world class engineering team to create the product direction, understand customer needs and gather requirements for the Vertica Data Platform.
- Work with our customers and engineering teams to develop differentiated and compelling features which continue our market leadership position.
- Collaborate with marketing, sales, sales engineering, best practices, documentation and field enablement teams to accelerate our go-to-market activities.
- Engage and support the field sales organization with a variety of tasks from presenting the Vertica roadmap to delivering messaging and positioning content on enablement webinars.
- Contribute to the Vertica vision and strategy with the product management, product marketing, engineering and leadership team.
- Understand our market, competition, user personas and common use cases.
- Engage with the broader organization from legal, revenue recognition, finance, branding, support, marketing, etc. to build a business case, launch new product or solve a customer issue.
- Demonstrated leadership, problem solving, quantitative analysis, relationship building, presentation delivery, communication, decision making and strategic thinking skills in a fast paced team environment.
- Knowledge about databases and data tools.
- Experience using typical product development tools (JIRA, Confluence, etc.)
- 7+ years of relevant experience.
- 3+ years in B2B enterprise software product management.
- Experience writing SQL is a plus.
- BA/BS degree
- Advanced degree preferred
More Jobs From