Wellist partners with hospitals that truly care about the patient experience to personally guide families to the support they need - from non-medical support services, to hospital resources and information, and personal social support. Our patient and caregiver engagement programs amplify the compassionate care delivered by front line staff to drive patient satisfaction, optimize staff productivity and address barriers to adherence across the care continuum.
Wellists outstanding contributions have been recognized by organizations including MassTLC (Most Innovative Technology of the Year Healthcare), Rock Health (Top 50 in Digital Health honoree, Diversity Leadership), American Business Awards (Company of the Year, Silver Stevie Health Products and Service) and BostInno (50onFire, Health and Medicine winner).
Why work here
- A meaningful mission. Join a growing team that is making a difference in healthcare by improving the lives of patients and families.
- A fun office environment. The fridge is always stocked, the snacks are abundant, and we even have a dog or two to snuggle.
- Interesting, diverse team members. Whether it's book club, daily trivia or an international potluck, Wellist is an amazing community of caring people.
- Outstanding benefits. We offer excellent medical and dental insurance coverage, life & disability insurance, up to 3 weeks of PTO and a generous parental leave policy.
- Opportunities to develop your career. Learn from executives and expand your resume with a Series A stage healthcare startup. Company off-sites help us align on the strategic priorities, spend time with remote team members and possibly enjoy an escape room.
- Delicious perks. We love Bagel Wednesdays so much, we named our conference rooms after our favorites (meet you in Sesame).
With our recent round of funding, Wellist is inventing the next phase of our product focused on improved patient experience. We have a great many technical and product opportunities and were looking for great engineers to help us define what is possible. Help us build our products by contributing to the API (Ruby on Rails), and our web front end (js/es6 react/redux). Collaborate with all product stakeholders to deliver exceptional code and contribute to the ground-up construction of an application through agile and continuous delivery methodologies. Help us to continue a culture of constant professional development and growth by learning with us and doing better work than youve ever done.
The right candidate will be someone who loves building software, loves our mission, and wants to make a real impact on the development of products that help people get well. You will be excited about building the craft of software development, and about being part of a team of collaborators who teach and learn together. This is not a sink or swim environment.
- You have some experience building modern web applications, ideally with Ruby on Rails, React.js, or similar frameworks
- You can demonstrate an understanding of data structures and algorithms
- You should be familiar with both object oriented and functional programming paradigms
- Demonstrated ability to come up to speed quickly on new technologies or approaches
- You are curious about new frameworks and products, and are driven to investigate new technologies as you learn about them. We love side projects, and want to hear about yours!
- Quality should be extremely important to you. At Wellist you will develop personal practices to help you achieve a high standard for quality in a Continuous Delivery setting.
- You have the desire to independently deliver software, and the ability to take help from your team
- You want to work on a small team that uses mature software practices
- You want to use software to help people
- You want to work in an environment where you can speak your mind. We value strong opinions, weakly held.
Wellist Culture Competencies
- Refreshing: You bring an upbeat can-do attitude and creative new ideas to help make life easier for our users, customers, partners and colleagues
- Adaptable: You adjust quickly to changing priorities and conditions. You cope effectively with complexity and change
- Empathetic: You understand others experiences and emotions. You act with kindness, compassion and respect
- Empowering: You take accountability for helping others succeed. You can coach and develop others at all levels of the organization
- Trustworthy: You speak truthfully and act with integrity. You make, and follow through on commitments, honoring deadlines.
To be hired at Wellist, you will complete a small coding exercise. This exercise will be discussed exactly as a pull request would be discussed, with members of our team, so that we can evaluate not just your sample output, but how you discuss your craft. You will then meet with business partners that you will collaborate with, so that they can assess your cultural competencies. If all goes well, we move quickly to an offer from there.
More Jobs From