Casa Systems, Inc. (Nasdaq: CASA) delivers converged broadband technology solutions that enable mobile, cable and fixed network service providers to meet the growing demand for gigabit bandwidth and services. Our suite of distributed and virtualized solutions for fixed and mobile 5G ultra-broadband networks are engineered for performance, flexibility and scale. Commercially deployed in over 70 countries, Casa serves more than 475 Tier 1 and regional service providers worldwide. At Casa Systems, our mission is to deliver ultra-broadband solutions that keep families, communities and the world connected. We harness our passion for innovation to drive technological solutions that allow service providers to do amazing things that improve the way we live.
We are seeking to hire a Senior Software Engineer (VCCAP) to join our Software Engineering team based at our Andover, MA, USA headquarters which is located about 30 minutes north of Boston. The Senior Software Engineer, Virtualization will impact the organization through its development of software focused on virtualization while adhering to defined software development practices, procedures and quality standards established by the company.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Performs analysis, design and development of Virtual CMTS/CCAP Solutions.
- Participate in requirements development and analysis activities.
- Design and build a scalable connection state database for remote hardware controlled by cots servers.
- Review and test software components for adherence to design requirements.
- Will be responsible for providing full system and software life-cycle support.
- Undergraduate degree Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 5+ to 7 years of related software development engineering experience in the telecom network industry.
- Software development experience in a Linux development environment.
- Fluent programming skills in C, Go, Python.
- Platform/Test Automation: Git, Travis, Jenkins
- Familiar with TCP/IP protocols, QoS, CMTS/CCAP Data Plane
- A clear understanding of the product development cycle, technical requirements with a strong understanding of concepts related to computer architecture, data structures and programming practices.
Working experience with one or more of the following is a definite plus:
- Kubernetes (K8S) architecture and networking,
- K8S CNI, Multus, device plugins, Helm
- High performance application support in K8S (NUMA, Hugepages, DPDK, SR-IOV)
Docker, Linux containers
- Linux kernel and device driver
- Linux networking subsystem
- X86 processor architecture
- Excellent troubleshooting and communication skills.
- Proven ability to work effectively in a global development environment across multiple sites.
- Ability to communicate and work with other teams.
- Able to quickly learn new technologies, as required.
- Able to work in a fast-pace, high-pressure environment.
- Problem solver – Able to be resourceful and “figure things out.”
- Self-confident – Able to express opinions and influence effectively.
- Professional demeanor.
Casa Systems, Inc. participates in the E‑Verify program. Casa Systems is committed to fostering a diverse workforce and inclusive work environment free from unlawful employment discrimination and without barriers to Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO).
More Jobs From