BentoBox empowers restaurants to own their presence, profits and relationships. The hospitality platform disrupts third-party services that come between the restaurant and the guest. BentoBox puts the restaurant first and offers tools that drive high-margin revenue directly through the restaurants website. BentoBox is trusted and loved by over 5,000 restaurants worldwide including The Meatball Shop, Joseph Leonard, Union Square Hospitality Group, Major Food Group, Roses Luxury, Eleven Madison Park & many more. Learn more at www.getbento.com
Were looking for a VP of Engineering to manage the execution for all things engineering, including our engineering processes, deployment strategies, and product development operations. Reporting to the CTO, the VP of Engineering will lead and scale a team of web developers who are building the worlds best digital operations platform for restaurants. Our current technology stack consists mostly of Django / Python and React, but we are always looking to use the tools that are most appropriate for the task at hand.
- Lead an engineering org with a strong foundation of enthusiastic, skilled engineers and managers
- Balance a high quality, high output engineering mindset with the demands of a high growth SaaS business
- Create an engineering org structure that sets the team up for both rapid growth via new hires and attractive career progression for existing team members
- Collaborate with the head of product to create a balanced, strategic, and realistic roadmap
- Establish and support a product development process that ensures the engineering team has required resources and actionable specs from product teams.
- Share our vision to build valuable, useful product that solve important and real problems above cool technology
- Uphold BentoBoxs core mission, vision, and values
Skills and Attributes
- 8+ years of people management experience in a technology leadership role, including experience mentoring senior leaders on management and technical tracks.
- Experience leading and growing a team of at least 20+ engineers
- Track record of consistently delivering products and driving business growth for a SaaS business.
- Thorough knowledge of engineering principles / practices, automated testing, zero downtime deployments, security and privacy, and product management
- History of success building and managing teams that are accountable, reliable, and performance-oriented
- Exceptional team leadership skills which should translate into the ability to empower the development of your team, the ability to recruit effectively, and a very high job satisfaction for team members
More Jobs From