Office Tour Photos
Come join a winning team!
Take a walk around our offices and youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving health care. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our office events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Senior Software Engineer - Java for our Lexington, MA office.
The qualified candidate will work as a member of the software development team focused on components within the cloud-based application architecture for a secure messaging system. This team is responsible for the architecture, design, and development a multi-tenant secure messaging platform that supports a variety of mobile (iOS and Android), Desktop (Windows) and Web Clients along with a comprehensive API. This team is also responsible for the development of supporting tools to operationalize the use of Imprivata cloud products.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Application design and review
- Develop full-stack cloud and on-premises application functionality within a dynamic agile scrum environment
- Create code testable through automation
- Create unit and functional automated tests
- Troubleshoot and resolve customer issues
- Minimum of a Bachelors in Computer Science or related degree
- 6+ years of development experience
- Cloud-based multi-tenant application development experience implementing end-user workflows
- Strong written and verbal communication skills and the ability to interact well with both internal teams and external customers and partners as needed
- Experience building server software that is extremely robust and reliable and capable of providing high performance under heavy load
- Experience working in an agile scrum environment is a plus
- Technical Qualifications
- Strong knowledge of Java, JDBC, RESTful Web APIs, Tomcat, Apache HTTP Server and the Linux environment
- Cloud-based application development experience with microservices, with a strong preference for implementing end-user workflows and applications
- Working knowledge of Java open source frameworks (e.g. Spring, Hibernate)
- Experience with relational databases, data storage and principles; Experience with DynamoDB is a big plus
- Experience with automated software testing tools and methodology is preferred
- Experience with CI/CD in Microsoft Azure or AWS is preferred
- Familiarity with messaging / chat client and servers is a big plus
- The following are not required but are a plus:
- Familiarity Ejabberd / Erlang / XMPP protocol
- Working knowledge of iOS and Android client programming
- Working with Microsoft Active Directory and/or LDAP
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities to minorities, females, veterans, and disabled individuals, as well as other protected groups.
More Jobs From