Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus seeks an experienced creative director with a proven track record of bringing consumer brands to life. Reporting to the Chief Marketing Officer, you will build and mentor a small in-house team partnering across the business to help achieve our creative goals. In this capacity, you will complement our marketing team and key agency partners, leading in-house creative efforts serving the needs of our customer acquisition, retention marketing, brand, PR, social media, content marketing, HR and corporate marketing teams.
What You'll Do:
- Serve as the creative leader for CarGurus, refining our brand and bringing it to life through a broad range of touchpoints to build awareness, engagement and preference for CarGurus.
- Build and mentor a high-performing in-house creative team to meet the needs of the CarGurus organization.
- Provide leadership for the ongoing interpretation and evolution of our brand standards in support of new applications across the business
- Concept and direct multimedia work including email templates, banner ads, digital videos, offline collateral, content marketing design assets and social media posts
- Partner with marketing to extend agency-led national TV campaigns for other media
- Partner with UX design to evolve overall site branding and where visual design/messaging support is required to build/evolve specific elements of our site experience
- Develop, implement and evolve processes to ensure that creative deliverables are prioritized appropriately and delivered on time, on strategy and on budget
Who You Are:
- 15+ years in a creative role, with at least 5 years of experience managing design and copy professionals. Visual design roots and some video production experience preferred
- Highly collaborative and able to partner with and support the needs of a range of internal stakeholders
- Experience mentoring a high-performance team
- Love of design; you stay current and ahead of latest design trends and digital advancements
- Experience with and appreciation for rigorously testing & optimizing creative to deliver performance
- Strong presentation and communication skills (oral and written)
- Fast paced, results-oriented and able to prioritize competing demands for multiple internal partners
- Low-ego and an ability to inspire great work from your team, whether designing a marketing campaign or a PowerPoint template
- Experience developing global campaigns and efficiently/optimally localizing creatives
- Previous client-side experience strongly preferred
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From