Ordergroove is a commerce technology platform that enables brands and omnichannel retailers to achieve what we call Relationship Commerce. Ordergrooves unique combination of powerful technology and proprietary data and analytics, is helping some of the largest brands in the world transform their retail experiences across channels.
Our mission is to strengthen retailer <> consumer relationships by providing engaging and frictionless commerce experiences that drive consumer delight and thereby increased loyalty and revenue for retailers.
Were looking for an experienced Technical Writer to help create documents to communicate complex and technical information to both end users and our internal teams.
Youll be exceptional at taking deeply technical information and turning it into something that's clear, effective, concise, and accurate for a variety of users, we want to talk to you.
This role is a core part of the Product team working closely with engineering, solution architecture and various internal stakeholders to create resources to ensure successful understanding and adoption of our platform.
What you will do:
- Work with product managers and engineers to produce, prioritize and maintain world-class documentation, including: User Guides, Integration Guides, API Developer Guides, In platform documentation (tooltips, welcome instructions, etc..).
- Analyze, interpret, compose, and edit product information to develop end-user and technical documentation.
- Maintain current knowledge of technical writing techniques, tools, methodologies, and human/computer and graphical user interface development guidelines.
- Assist in the arrangement for duplication and distribution of materials.
- Update API documentation generated from service specifications to include process overviews and getting started guides, as well as advise Product & Engineers on generating well written and consistent documentation for our APIs.
- Learn complex concepts, and communicate the information in a way that is engaging and understood by users.
- Gather customer feedback on documentation to improve usability.
- 3-5+ years experience in technical writing.
- Extensive experience owning an end-to-end documentation creation process for highly highly technical documentation such as: API documentation, system diagrams, database documentation, installation/configuration/integration guides, developer guides, etc.
- Ability to read and understand code.
- Experience working in an Agile development environment.
- Proficiency proofreading and editing documents.
- Excellent attention to detail and the ability to prioritize, hit deadlines and work on multiple projects in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience working cross-departmentally to communicate the nuts and bolts of a product.
Bonus points for:
- Experience in Saas and e-commerce.
- BS/BA in Technical Writing, English, Communications, Engineering, or a related field.
Were a close-knit team of passionate engineers, marketers and innovators whose mission is to help our clients become an indispensable part of their customers' lives through Relationship Commerce. Weve raised over $40M in venture capital and are planning to grow our team to 100 people this year!
Recently named one of the 2019 Best Companies to Work For in New York, our collaborative culture celebrates independent thinking and curiosity. We demand the best of ourselves and each other and never miss an opportunity to celebrate our success. Company events include hackathons, wine tours, summer BBQs, trips to baseball games and game nights.
We compete hard for the industry's best talent by offering great employee benefits including one of the most flexible PTO policies you'll find, highly competitive compensation and meaningful stock option grants. Our New York HQ is minutes from all of the major subways and boasts a 6,000 square foot private outdoor terrace overlooking beautiful downtown Manhattan.
When you join the Ordergroove team you'll be surrounded by smart, fun people working to transform the business of commerce! If you're ready for a high-impact role at a company creating groundbreaking solutions, we invite you to learn more and apply!
At Ordergroove we are committed to creating a welcoming and supportive environment for all people. We do not discriminate against anyone for any reason. We encourage people with different backgrounds and experiences to join our growing team.
More Jobs From