Bevi is a Series C startup that has raised over $60 million to bring customizable, healthy hydration to offices and facilities across the US and Canada. Founded in 2013, our co-founders set out to out-design bottled water. Within five years time, Bevi has saved the waste generated by over 50 million plastic bottles and seen revenue grow at a rapid pace. With offices now in Boston, New York, and San Francisco, we continue to grow our healthy flavor offerings and constantly strive to bring the next level of customization to the Bevi hydration experience.
We are looking for a Director of Mechanical Engineering to lead the mechanical team designing our next generation of products that will continue to disrupt the beverage supply chain. Managing and working closely with a small team and reporting directly to the VP of Hardware Engineering, the ideal candidate will be responsible for the design of new products, from specifying system architecture to product support and everything in-between. This is an opportunity to be involved in all aspects of product engineering in a fast-paced startup, to lead a talented team, and to own the delivery of a new and exciting product that will change the way people think about how they get their water.
As a Director of Mechanical Engineering at Bevi, you will:
- Lead and grow a team of mechanical engineers to develop future products that satisfy challenging business, design and schedule requirements, and work collaboratively with cross-functional engineering teams (electrical, software, manufacturing)
- Research and develop new solutions to challenging beverage supply chain problems, creating a pipeline of new technology to be incorporated into new products
- Build a culture of data driven design by utilizing a combination of modeling, analysis, and experimentation to enable concurrent design and lean product development
- Lead the design review process and ensure mechanical designs are executed to the highest standards in terms of performance, reliability, and cost effectiveness
- Participate in the development of systems or subsystems and ensure seamless integration of multiple building blocks into a single delivered product
- Work with suppliers and subject matter experts to develop best practices to achieve manufacturable, cost-effective designs
- Provide technical mentoring across all projects and levels
- Drive work independently while managing ambiguity, and be proactive in managing and communicating risk
We think you will bring:
- BSME or MSME plus at least 8 years relevant work experience in complex system design that requires integration of mechanical and electrical components
- Systems design approach with strong trade-off analysis skills and ability to drive to a final solution while evaluating multiple alternatives simultaneously
- Technical project management background
- Bias for action and strong history of delivering results
- Passion for collaboration and rapid development in a fast-paced environment
- Familiarity with modelling and analysis tools such as FEA, CFD, MatLab, MathCAD, etc.
- Professional experience with various manufacturing processes such as stamping, molding, and casting, and knowledge of materials used in these processes
- Advanced Solidworks user, or equivalent (NX, CATIA, etc) with expertise in CAD modeling, technical drawings and tolerancing
- Experience designing appliances, fluid systems or compact refrigeration systems is a plus
- Well organized and excellent communication skills, to both technical and non-technical audiences
- Ability and passion to train and mentor engineers at various stages of professional development
- Competitive compensation package, inclusive of generous equity options for employees at all levels
- Comprehensive medical, dental and vision insurance plans with BlueCross BlueShield and MetLife, 95% paid by employer
- Fully employer paid disability and life insurances
- Wellness and fitness reimbursements
- 401(k) and personal finance education
- 15 days vacation and 9 paid holidays, plus additional paid days for volunteering, sick leave, etc.
- Paid parental leave for both primary and secondary caregivers (mothers and fathers)
- Monthly stipends for cell phone use and commuting costs
- Generous employee referral program
- Fully stocked kitchen and Bevis on tap - and composting and terracycling, too
- Monthly happy hours, pancake breakfasts, Hero awards and more!
More Jobs From