We are the fastest growing home security company in the country competing against the entrenched giants, like ADT, and the new-to-the-space giants, like Amazon and Google. To compete in this ever growing IoT home automation security space we must learn and iterate quickly, work collaboratively, and deliver creatively. In service to this challenge, our engineering team is proud to own and run the literal "full stack", from designing and building the circuit boards on our hardware all the way to coding the UI on our mobile applications.
SimpliSafe is looking for a Senior Front End Software Engineer to help guide the creation of our next generation E-Commerce Platform. Youll have the opportunity to envision and implement the next evolution of our platform as we migrate to a microservice-based architecture. You will be a mentor for a team of front end developers and lead by example in a highly collaborative team environment.
As a Senior Front End Software Engineer you understand the cascade, inheritance, semantics, and being able to choose the best style of CSS organization for the project. You know how to organize and build UI modules, working closely with UX or more visually-focused designers/CSS developers. You understand the technological and business implications of a task, technical debt, and that perfect is the enemy of done.
- Researching and evangelizing front-end best practices to help deliver fast and successful shopping experiences to our customers
- Maintaining the consistency of modules, look and feel UI interactions
- Serving as a technical advisor
- Building and expanding our use of Docker
- Building well-structured UI components that follow best practices
- Continuing our journey into a continuous delivery environment
- Embedding quality with test automation through contracts
- Troubleshooting performance issues
- Working closely with all functional & product driven teams
- Always iterating in an Agile Environment
- 5+ years of experience in Software Engineering
- Experience consuming RESTFUL APIs
- A/B Testing
- Ability to articulate a solution by applying the S.O.L.I.D. principles
- Working knowledge of Design Patterns
- Working knowledge of Object-Oriented and/or Functional Programming
Nice to Have skills:
- E-commerce experience
- Node.js, PHP
More Jobs From