goTenna is seeking a highly skilled, professional Quality Assurance Manager to join our dynamic and growing team. In this role, reporting to the CEO, you will lead and mentor a team of QA Engineers and Interns testing mobile applications, web applications, firmware, and hardware. This role will work cross-functionally across our engineering teams and customer experience organizations. In this role you will be responsible for building automated test environments, coaching and mentoring the QA team, and growing the QA organization as the company continues to scale. You will have the ability to think and execute testing from a user’s perspective while accommodating evolving business needs.
- Providing direction on all business needs for quality assurance team
- Providing direct coaching and mentorship to QA engineers and interns
- Writing unit tests, testable code, and structure test plans
- Testing in an Agile SDLC environment
- Partnering and troubleshooting with customer experience team as a technical expert for customer support as needed
- Lead new testing projects and involvement with R&D and future product development
- Approximately 50% managerial, and 50% hands-on automation testing of embedded software, mobile applications, and full-stack applications
- Minimum 5+ years of experience in Hardware/Firmware/Software Quality assurance
- Minimum 2+ years of leading teams in the QA function and process
- Deep understanding of the software development lifecycle
- Experience with automation testing process (mobile and web apps), test automation frameworks such as Appium or Selenium, firmware testing, and test case management tools such as TestRail etc.
- Experience with defect management and reporting systems
- Excellent organizational and documentation skills
- Strong communication and collaboration skills
- Experience with embedded software
It would be awesome if you had:
- Experience with any/all of the following: RF (Radio Frequency Engineering), Python, C#, Pivotal Tracker, Raspberry Pi
- Continuous Integration and Continuous Delivery experience
- An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, doing cool stuff outside work, and being creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf).
- Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
goTenna is building the world’s most intelligent and scalable mobile mesh networks. Our protocols and devices are designed to enable off-grid connectivity and augment traditional communications networks. goTenna mesh networking turns everything in the world around us into programmable mobile infrastructure to decentralize connectivity and unlock society’s last-mile.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From