About the role:
We’re looking to hire an Android Developer with about 1 or 2 years of experience and a degree in Computer Science (BSc / MSc).
- Contributing to the design, build, testing, optimization, and maintenance of the goTenna Android mobile apps and goTenna Android SDK
- Collaborating with the firmware and full-stack team
- Supporting the QA team to ensure reliability and stability of the Android app along with the goTenna hardware
- Assisting product management teams to define, implement and develop new features with the user in mind
- Dedication to keeping the highest quality, maintainability, and flexibility in code by strictly adhering to best practices and guidelines (coding standards, version control, peer reviews, manager feedback, etc)
- Commitment to a highly collaborative team’s goals to implement the latest development frameworks and techniques (Jetpack, MVVM, Material Design, etc)
- Other responsibilities as assigned.
Required Qualifications and Attributes:
- B.S. degree in computer science or related engineering field
- 1+ years experience developing commercially shipped apps for Android (in Java or Kotlin), in a professional environment
- Ability to adhere to our internal Coding Standards in order to produce clean, bug-free, maintainable and shareable code
- Ability to develop complex mobile apps while optimizing for efficiency and stability
- Ability to collaborate with UI/UX designers, as well as understand and implement Android Material Design with the absence of UI/UX designs
- Experience with Git and or other Version Control Systems
- Experience writing UI and Unit Tests
It'd be awesome if you had:
- Experience with Bluetooth apps & familiarity with Android’s Bluetooth SDK
- Experience using Map frameworks (MapBox, Google Maps, etc)
- Experience with RESTful APIs and connection to backend server
- Experience with encryption, security, and PKI frameworks
- Familiarity with agile/lean methodologies (Scrum, Kanban)
- Experience with IOS and Swift development
- Preference for working in the innovative, fast-paced environment of a startup
- An affinity for people who like telling jokes, sharing funny links, do cool stuff outside work, and try to be creative about team-building (e.g. survival skills training, murder mystery dinner theater, shuffleboard tournament, Mafia/Werewolf).
- Love for goTenna and our mission to build a distributed communication network from the ground-up!
goTenna creates distributed communication networks that increase scale, resiliency, and access. Communication is the keystone of all fundamental facilities and systems, but today’s infrastructure must evolve in order to meet 21st century needs. At goTenna, we are working on advancing universal access to connectivity by decentralizing it.
goTenna builds next-generation wireless architectures to power bottom-up communications networks that get stronger as they grow. We focus on low-power, low-cost, modular mobile ad-hoc networking protocols and devices that are easy-to-use and developer-friendly. Our parallel networks are designed to both enable completely off-grid communication and augment traditional systems by extending the practical edge of connectivity.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
More Jobs From