Office Tour Photos
Chewy is seeking a highly motivated, goal-oriented, and analytical Pricing Data Scientist to join our exciting and fast-paced office in Boston, MA. Our team is growing and if you are as passionate as we are about developing data science solutions to Pricing problems in dynamic e-commerce environment, an opportunity at Chewy may be a great match!
As a Pricing Data Scientist, you will be focused on leveraging your experience to solving large-scale challenges in Pricing, including but not limited to demand estimation. You should be excited to adapt your quantitative skills towards creative solutions tailored to the unique Chewy environment and the needs of our loyal pet-loving customers.
What youll do:
- Design and implement econometric or machine learning models to estimate demand response to price and promotional treatments using both observational and experimental data
- Effectively partner with business stakeholders to define and answer key business questions
- Identify opportunities and own workstreams for improving Pricing Strategy performance and driving value
- Collaborate with specialists in Data Science, Analytics, Engineering, and other functions to efficiently develop reliable and reproducible techniques at scale
- Mentor junior team members and demonstrate Data Science and development best practices
What youll need:
- A PhD in a quantitative field where data and statistics are important
- Experience in Python or R
- Experience applying machine learning techniques at scale (e.g., neural networks, random forest/XGBoost/LiteGBM, clustering)
- Experience with SQL or other databases, Git, GitHub, bash/UNIX scripting
- Track record of success in tackling difficult or ambiguous empirical problems
- Enthusiasm for taking initiative and ownership of projects, including data collection, model development, estimation, and validation
- Keen critical thinking skills and judgment for balancing depth and pacing
- Passion for communicating complex quantitative material with concision and precision
- Open-mindedness and eagerness to collaborate in a highly interdisciplinary environment and develop innovative techniques to solve business problems in a fast-paced environment
- Backgrounds in Economics (industrial organization, applied microeconomics, applied econometrics), Quantitative Marketing, Finance, Machine Learning, Statistics, Operations Research, Applied Math
- Experience in an eCommerce environment or experience in Pricing
If you have a disability under the Americans with Disabilities Act or similar law, or you require a religious accommodation, and you wish to discuss potential accommodations related to applying for employment at our company, please contact HR@Chewy.com.
More Jobs From