Office Tour Photos
Chewy is growing! Were looking for a Software Engineer to join our Mobile Services team in Boston, MA. With your technical expertise, you will manage to project deadlines and deliverables. You design, develop, test, deploy, maintain, and enhance software solutions to power our mobile applications. Provide both technical and systems expertise regarding integration with numerous back-end services. Develop new APIs which support multiple platforms and business services.
At Chewy, you will specialize in building systems that scale to millions of users, providing the best possible customer experience.
What You'll do:
- Design and implement new features in Chewys products based on both technical and business requirements which have a direct impact on the companys success.
- Write server-side code for APIs, creating fast, easy-to-use, high-volume production applications.
- Support diverse platforms in modern service environments which support desktop computers to small-footprint mobile devices.
- Interact with multiple application services to access and store information in a comprehensive e-commerce ecosystem.
- Work in an agile development environment, collaborating with development, systems support, release, development operations and architecture teams.
- Code review and work with other developers on best practices following the latest advancements design patterns and techniques.
- Work in an agile development environment (Scrum, Kanban, etc.)
- Integrate the latest best practices and technologies across environments using technical expertise, judgment, maturity, and experience which promote the best interests of Chewy.
What you'll need:
- BS degree in Computer Science, a similar technical field of study, or equivalent practical experience.
- 4+ years of working experience with client-side and server-side technologies including Java/Kotlin, and Spring.
- Experience designing, building and maintaining RESTFul APIs.
- Strong communication skills as well as experience with educating and working your peers.
- Performance analysis skills across multiple environments.
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices for the full software development life cycle including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Strong Computer Science fundamentals using object-oriented design, data structures, algorithm design, problem-solving, and complexity analysis
- A strong sense of responsibility and an obsession with quality. Committed to seeing tasks to completion and working with others is essential.
- Common development tools such as mvn, git, github, gradle and related or similar tools.
- Expertise in debugging/testing and troubleshooting issues across multiple browsers and devices.
- Experience in multiple programming paradigms
- Experience in working in the business domain of e-commerce
- Service Oriented Architecture
- Asynchronous programming patterns
- Functional Programming Paradigms
- Large scale public facing APIs
- iOS / Android Experience
- gRPC / Kotlin experience
More Jobs From