ERT - Boston is seeking a dynamic (outside) Sales professional for a Key Account territory, with strong knowledge of and experience in our industry, to liaise with clients and potential clients in order to reach corporate objectives. The title is Director, Business Development, and the ideal candidate will demonstrate excellent sales and relationship building skills and a true hunger to make a difference in the lives of our ultimate customer - the patient!
ERT is a global data and technology company that minimizes uncertainty and risk in clinical trials so that our customers can move ahead with confidence. With more than 45 years of clinical and therapeutic experience, ERT balances knowledge of what works with a vision for what’s next, so it can adapt without compromising standards.
Powered by the company’s EXPERT® technology platform, ERT’s solutions enhance trial oversight, enable site optimization, increase patient engagement, and measure the efficacy of new clinical treatments while ensuring patient safety. Over the past four years, more than half of all FDA drug approvals came from ERT-supported studies. Pharma companies, Biotechs, and CROs have relied on ERT solutions in 9,500+ studies spanning three million patients to date. By identifying trial risks before they become problems, ERT enables customers to bring clinical treatments to patients quickly – and with confidence. For more information, go to ert.com or follow us on LinkedIn, Twitter, and Facebook.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Meet and exceed quarterly and annual sales targets.
- Generate new business leads and manage the sales process.
- Manage assigned strategic and key account relationships individually or in coordination with a Global BD and AM counterpart.
- Close sales opportunities from within each of the ERT business units: Cardiac Safety (routine and Through QT (TQT) studies), ePRO/eCOA, Respiratory, Imaging Digital Patient, and Trial Oversight Technology Services.
- Generate sales meetings and build business relationships within assigned accounts.
- Actively lead the business development process for assigned accounts.
- Collect and prepare relevant information for the Contracts and Proposals Department and other internal departments.
- Interact with and leverage other Internal Resources as appropriate to assist in the account management and new business development efforts.
- Manage and record within Salesforce.com all relevant activities and documents from within the sales assignment.
- Complete timely and accurate administrative deliverables such as sales reports, expense reports, account planning.
OTHER DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Other Sales and career growth related projects as assigned.
The duties and responsibilities listed in this job description represent the major responsibilities of the position. Other duties and responsibilities may be assigned, as required. ERT reserves the right to amend or change this job description to meet the needs of ERT. This job description and any attachments do not constitute or represent a contract.
Qualifications and Experience:
1. Degree level or similar or appropriate experience.
2. 5-8 years of experience of working in a sales, business development or similar position within the pharmaceutical, health, life science or other related regulated industry.
3. Experience of selling capital equipment and services, pharmaceutical and biotech products, technology and related services or similar.
4. Experience with long sales cycles requiring a strong close and signed contract process, including multi-party sales scenarios.
5. Familiarity with the pharmaceutical industries and practices, and ideally clinical research and clinical trials
1. Excellent communication skills, verbal and written.
2. Effective on the telephone and a specialist in networking.
3. Ability to communicate with people at all levels especially medical professionals including MDs and PhDs.
4. Ability to develop and maintain effective relationships with colleagues and clients.
5. Ability to cultivate, understand and anticipate the needs of the customer and to provide effective solutions and recommendations.
6. Ability to prioritise and work on own initiative.
7. Good knowledge of ERT products and services.
8. Understanding the ERT corporate and financial objectives.
1. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, G-Suite, Salesforce, and other sales related tools.
1. Competitive nature.
2. Professional credibility and integrity.
3. Flexible approach.
4. Team player.
5. Ability to work in a multi-disciplinary team both within ERT and with customers.
6. Proven ability to achieve results.
7. Will execute corporate strategy within specified timeframes.
8. Will rapidly develop and maintain respect from colleagues and clients.
9. Ability to learn and then apply combination of business, technology, and scientific information to achieve personal, regional, and global results.
As required to achieve the goals for the assignment, estimated to be 40% (generally domestic, with occasional overseas travel also required).
We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
More Jobs From