Office Tour Photos
Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our works made a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and were expanding globally. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus Algorithmic Traffic Acquisition team is looking to hire a Senior Software Engineer. Our goal is to bring car shoppers to CarGurus as efficiently as possible. We're central to CarGurus' growth strategy, both in the US and abroad. This is a high impact role with outstanding visibility within the company.
Were looking for ambitious Engineers who are passionate about building software that is used by millions. Our team solves a variety of unique challenges, from crafting complex data structures and algorithms to machine learning and mining big-data. We deploy code daily and use data to drive our decisions, while delivering software and analytics to consumers and dealers around the world.
One of our core beliefs is that useful data will lead to the best outcomes. We make decisions based on our data and insights. Each engineer manages their own products and projects. The autonomy in engineering is something we are very proud of and work hard to maintain. There will be great projects that can be both meaningful and long term.
What Youll Do:
- Utilize CarGurus data to grow the visitor base and improve advertising performance.
- Expand our reach by integrating with new traffic acquisition channels.
- Build robust pipelines that ingest and aggregate large volumes of data in real time.
- Design and implement algorithms for efficiently serving ads to CarGurus shoppers.
- Build tools for designing and managing CarGurus creative assets and campaigns.
- Develop systems to analyze traffic acquisition performance at all levels of granularity.
- Create tests and infrastructure to support continuous delivery of everything you build.
- Work with data scientists to improve the effectiveness of our ad spend.
- Implement a testing framework for rapid iteration of A/B tests.
Who You Are:
- 5+ years of programming experience.
- A strong analytical or mathematical background, demonstrated in previous roles.
- Experienced with multiple datastores (SQL, Elasticsearch, NoSQL, etc).
- Experienced in building real-time data pipelines
- Committed to developing well-tested code.
- Data-driven mindset
- Familiar with Java or similar object-oriented language.
- Experience with AWS (Elasticache, Autoscaling, DynamoDB, etc.) preferred
- Previous experience in high-frequency / low-latency verticals is a plus
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada, Germany, Spain, Italy, and the UKwith other markets on the horizon. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.
More Jobs From