At Hopper, were on a mission to make booking travel faster, easier, and more transparent. We are leveraging the power that comes from combining massive amounts of data and machine learning to build the worlds fastest-growing travel app -- one that enables our customers to save money and travel more. With over $235M CAD in funding from leading investors in both Canada and the US, Hopper is primed to continue its path toward becoming the go-to way to book travel as the world continues its shift to mobile.
Recognized as the fastest-growing travel app by Forbes and one of the worlds most innovative companies by Fast Company two years in a row, Hopper has been downloaded over 40 million times and has helped travelers plan over 100 million trips and counting. The app has received high praise in the form of mobile accolades such as the Webby Award for Best Travel App of 2019, the Google Play Award for Standout Startup of 2016 and Apples App Store Best of 2015.
Take off with us!
A stellar opportunity to have massive impact: join the rapidly growing team at a company continually redefining how people travel. As a Lead Software Engineer, you will be directly responsible for many of the innovative features well be working on, whether collaborating with our outstanding design and product team or helping our data science group work on the bleeding-edge technology to personalize travel for our ever expanding population of members.
IN THIS ROLE YOU WILL:
- Align and drive team members towards an inspiring vision, yet an internship to deliver value incrementally
- Build highly scalable software to ensure data quality and reliability of our microservices architecture, leveraging Scala and technologies like HBase, Spark, etc.
- As a hands-on lead, you will work closely with our team of software engineers and product managers to deliver rapid value
- Collaborate directly with the company's technology leadership on ensuring Hopper's success
- Mentor and coach technical team members
A PERFECT CANDIDATE HAS:
- Experience with designing and building large scale data pipelines and data warehouses
- Thrived in complex microservices ecosystem and written robust and well-performing services
- The ability to bring technology to the table
- Excelled in cross-functional teams, working fluidly with Product Managers, Data Scientists, Mobile Engineers, Backend Engineers, and other highly skilled specialists
- Experience leading an Agile Development Team
- Experience mentoring and leading people at different stages in their career
ABOUT THE TEAM
Our engineering team cares deeply about the growth and success of Hopper, and tries to deliver the best possible experience we can to our more than 35 million users. Work on an award winning product that our customers love and continue to find exceptionally useful in a market and space that is continually growing every year.
Well-funded and proven startup with large ambitions, competitive salary and stock options
Dynamic and entrepreneurial team where pushing limits is everyday business
100% employer paid medical, dental, vision, disability and life insurance plans
Access to a 401k (Boston) or Retirement Savings Plan (Montreal)
Easy commute with a paid-for public transportation or parking pass
IATA Travel Agent Card for discounts in the travel industry
Fully stocked kitchen with: coffee/tea, beer, bagels and snacks (both healthy and not-healthy)
In Cambridge, work in a historic factory building near Kendall Square; in Montreal, work in an artists loft in the Mile End
Team lunches, offsite activities and much more!
More Jobs From