Office Tour Photos
We are looking for an Executive Director of Engineering to join our athenaClinicals team within our Products division.
The Clinicals team builds code that matters, working on the beating heart of doctors’ workflows that is used by over 70,000 healthcare providers daily. Our product makes the interactions these doctors and medical records as seamless as possible, elevating what the doctor needs to see, when they need to see it. This frees doctors to spend more time with their patients. But enough about us, let’s talk about you!
You are passionate about the essentials of software development with the burning desire to build effective teams and drive team culture. You are committed to not only building high-functioning teams, but to growing our engineers along their career paths. You are an effective communicator, who instills trust while driving vision & purpose. You balance priorities among partners, while ensuring accountability and results.
The Team: The Clinicals team works on a broad range of product components and workflows used by doctors and clinicians, including order management, prescriptions, lab and imaging results, clinician documentation, integration with other entities through the healthcare ecoystem, and much more.
- You will be responsible for leading and managing teams, as you develop deep knowledge of the product road map and user perspectives for the assigned zone, maintaining knowledge of the architecture, technical stack, dependencies, scale and performance for the assigned product area.
- You will be responsible for identifying the projects for the teams, working with Architects, VPs, Tech Leads, Product Managers, and User Experience Designers and for defining a strategy for continuous, long-term improvements.
- You will develop and build the team and identify any skills and experience gaps; you will partner with product management to advocate for headcount and be a leader in recruitment efforts.
- About 12+ years of leading teams in a technical environment
- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent, advanced CS degree a plus
- Track record of developing employees both technically and professionally
- Previous experience working in an Agile preferred
- Our Purpose: To unleash our collective potential to transform healthcare.
- Our Location: This role is based in Watertown, MA, just a few miles outside of Boston. Watertown is our Global Headquarters and our campus, the Arsenal on the Charles, is home to a number of restaurants, a local gym and large outdoor space. This office also has a cafeteria, coffee café and food trucks that rotate every day.
- Our Culture: If you’re curious, passionate and want to connect with work that matters, you’ve come to the right place. At athenahealth, our employees (or “athenistas”) are committed to making healthcare smarter. At the heart of athenahealth's culture is unconditional positive regard for one another, our customers, their patients and our community. We take time to celebrate diversity and our accomplishments, and strive to be powerfully relevant and refreshingly candid in everything we do.
- Our Perks: Along with health & financial benefits, our athenistas are offered a variety of perks that promote employee wellbeing such as commuter support (We were named one of the 2018 Best Workplaces for Commuters!), collaborative workspaces and dog-friendly offices - just to name a few.
More Jobs From