Office Tour Photos
We are looking for the next Product Support Specialist to join our mission of providing impactful and efficient support to our partners. The Product Support team works closely with educators, administrators and other district stakeholders to help them maximize the tools Ellevation offers to better serve their EL student population. We deliver thoughtful and efficient solutions to our partners by combining communication skills, such as active listening, with technological skills such as Excel, JIRA and SQL. Additionally, we work every day to leverage and improve our internal resources to consistently improve and scale support for our growing user base.
We are looking for:
Troubleshooters: You have a penchant for problem-solving and diagnosing the break in the chain. You approach complicated situations with a critical eye and are excited by reaching resolutions. When confronted with an issue, you are willing to spend time narrowing down possibilities to find the best solution, and can find root causes of issues as well as their concrete effects. You are eager to learn new skills in order to solve complex challenges.
Teachers: You are an efficient and empathetic communicator, able to maintain a patient and professional tone when working through challenges with others. You have a knack for breaking down complicated workflows and are able to highlight important takeaways to ensure a successful delivery with each interaction. You are able to give and receive feedback constructively. Additionally, you strive to keep our mission at the forefront of your everyday work.
Self-learners: You are forever curious and are excited by learning new things. You have a desire to continuously learn about Ellevation and our mission, technology, software products, and service behaviors. You are consistently interested in leveraging and developing your ability to adapt and stay organized in ambiguous environments.
- Respond to and resolve Help Center tickets to provide timely support to user inquiries that builds their confidence in our platform
- Investigate district data files and identify sources of technical challenges. Often partnering with the data team to resolve these challenges as needed
- Troubleshoot and escalate product defects to the Engineering and Product teams
- Lead phone calls and video conferences with users to gain additional context on ticket requests
- Lead districts through configurations of specific Ellevation features to be used for compliance
- Craft language to de-escalate frustrated users
- Understand user challenges and deliver feedback and/or feature improvement requests to the proper internal teams
- Maintain constant knowledge of Ellevations features and offerings
- Participate in projects to optimize workflows, develop team resources and foster cross-team collaboration
- Take shifts on our internal help-desk Slack channel to assist internal teams with bug troubleshooting and reporting
- Manage and prioritize multiple open requests that vary by topic
- Adapt to a wide range of user personalities, emotions, and technical challenges
- Quickly pick up new technologies and software tools
- Effectively collaborate with internal teams as requests and issues arise
- A passion for education and an interest in contributing to a mission-centered company focused on improving student outcomes
- Previous experience and proven success in customer support or related role
- Familiarity with Excel and/or SQLGenuine interest and fluency in technology
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong and growing team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
At Ellevation, we champion diversity. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization.
More Jobs From