We are seeking an experienced embedded systems engineer to lead development of robust and scalable Linux-based devices. Be part of a small cross-functional hardware team building the future of intelligent, connected video collaboration hardware. Strong embedded Linux experience and understanding of the Linux kernel is required.
- Experienced in building Android from source
- Experienced in customizing embedded Linux in areas of driver development, device tree and kernel debug
- Experience with Android HAL
- Strong Linux kernel fundamentals such as threading, abstraction, and memory management.
- Experience developing drivers for common communications protocols (e.g. SPI, UART, I2C, USB).
- Experience with utilizing hardware codecs in the Qualcomm Snapdragon chipset.
- Experience with imager pipelines (ISP, GPU, etc.) a big plus.
- Experience with Bluetooth LE, Bluetooth Classic, and Wi-Fi.
- Proficient in C and C++ and ability to develop clean, modular code.
- Knowledgeable in common debugging practices (e.g. JTAG) with the ability to debug issues using a combination of software and lab equipment.
- Strong communication skills, a positive attitude, and empathy.
- Experience with mobile-class SoC (e.g. Qualcomm Snapdragon).
- Experience with Android Library and Runtime layers.
- Experience with implementing and debugging gadget drivers (UVC/UAC, etc.).
- Elementary understanding of electronics principles, including reading schematics, hardware data sheets, and PCB layouts.
- Experience with manufacturing abroad.
- Experience with one or more of Android/Linux kernel subsystems: camera, video, WLAN, Bluetooth/BLE, HDMI, USB C
Meet Owl Labs
Owl Labs’ mission is to solve a problem we’ve all experienced: meetings suck, and they are especially painful for the remote participants on the other side of the call. Considering the rapid growth in remote and distributed work, this is a perfectly timed problem for Owl Labs to solve. The market is hungry for products and content that make remote and distributed work better.
With $22.3M funding from Spark Capital, Matrix Partners, and Playground Global, Owl Labs has created the Meeting Owl, a 360° smart video conferencing camera that sits in the center of the table and uses robotics algorithms to automatically highlight different people as they talk. After launching the product in June 2017, thousands of companies have purchased the Meeting Owl, saying it offers the most natural and inclusive meeting experience they’ve ever seen.
Owl Labs is 33% remote and headquarters are based in Somerville, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application.
More Jobs From