Owl Labs is a collaborative tech company, creating an equalized meeting and learning experience for all, wherever participants may be. Powering hybrid teams and remote work is in our DNA. Owl Labs has been a leader when it comes to celebrating and connecting hybrid teams and classrooms -- meaning both in-office and remote workers, in-room students and at-home learning. We’re best known for the Meeting Owl product line, a smart 360° camera, mic, speaker all-in-one solution. Sitting in the center of the table, the Meeting Owl uses vision and voice recognition to shift the camera to focus on who’s speaking, giving all participants a feeling as if they’re in the same room. With the continued rise of hybrid teams and remote workers, our products allow for better collaboration and productivity no matter your location.
Our award-winning product, the Meeting Owl Pro, has been recognized by CES Innovation Awards 2020, Red Dot Design Awards 2020, SXSW Innovation Awards 2020 and our team recognized as an Inc. Best Workplaces 2020 and the esteemed Inc.’s Editor’s List.
Owl Labs is seeking a Product Manager to join our cross-functional team. The ideal candidate has brought multiple products from the early concept stage to the real world, with a focus on customer satisfaction. This role is inherently collaborative; you will work with marketing, design, and engineering teams, and interact with colleagues throughout all levels of the company. You should be excited and able to work effectively in a rapidly changing organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies into high quality product experiences that customers love.
What You’ll Do
In this role, you will be responsible for developing strategy and creating new product experiences from concept to launch (and beyond). We’re looking for a Product Manager that will set vision and motivate teams to shape the future of remote meetings. We pride ourselves on being thoughtful, intentional and getting things done. This role will require you to be both strategic and able to execute on the day to day. If you love simple and elegant solutions and have a knack for seeing both the trees and the forest, we'd love to hear from you.
- Develop the strategy for new and existing Owl Labs products; build a roadmap/portfolio that supports the strategy. Act as product owner by establishing a vision, defining measurable goals, and tracking progress through quick iteration. Gain strategy and roadmap support from stakeholders by writing narratives and influencing peers and senior leadership.
- Manage delivery of near-term product enhancements while concurrently thinking about longer-term future product investments and lifecycle refreshes. Guide products through their lifecycle, advocate new product opportunities or deprecations, and address challenges, barriers and dependencies with stakeholders.
- Develop and maintain product documentation to guide the development process.
- Be the go-to expert on the product and technology both internally and externally.
- Collaborate with design, engineering, sales, operations, and marketing to create and validate solutions to customer problems.
- Hold the team accountable for building the right thing by setting goals, measuring success, and ensuring learnings are quickly incorporated into the company process.
- Develop a go-to market strategy including pricing, packaging, beta testing, etc.
- Act as the voice of the customer internally. Through quantitative and qualitative analysis, maintain a deep understanding of who the customer is, what their needs are, and what the dynamic market landscape looks like.
- Manage prioritization and trade-offs between customer experience, technical feasibility, and business requirements.
- Translate a complex set of possibilities (and technical requirements) into simple, compelling value propositions for the customer.
- Represent the product and roadmap to partners; work with partners to understand and prioritize their needs.
- Coordinate partnership activities with colleagues in Sales and Marketing as partnership activities go to market.
- Align partnership goals and specific projects with external partners and internal stakeholders.
More than a candidate that checks every box, we’re looking for people who are excited to work, learn, and grow at Owl Labs—no matter their background or how they identify. If that’s you, we hope you’ll apply for this role.
- 5+ years of experience in Product Management with a track record of bringing both hardware and software products to market, managing multiple competing priorities, and engaging both technical and business oriented stakeholders.
- 3+ years experience within a hardware company.
- Experience working in an innovative, fast-paced environment to hone a coarse concept into a delightful product.
- Experience building roadmaps, managing product backlogs, and working closely with software development teams to build new products and features in a fast paced environment.
- Experience translating user research insights into actionable product deliverables.
- Strong analytical skills. Experience using data to drive decisions and illustrate business conclusions. Proficiency using hard data and metrics to back up assumptions and develop business cases.
- Ability to make tradeoffs between technical scale, business outcomes, and customer needs. Ability to think strategically, execute methodically, and act decisively.
- Will take the initiative to identify and solve important problems, working with others to define the cross-cutting issues that impact other teams and parts of the product.
- High attention to detail including ability to manage multiple, conflicting priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work with teams at all levels of the organization. Collaboration is exciting to you and you enjoy understanding the perspectives of others.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Experience executing effective surveys, including insightful and sound quantitative analysis. Ability and desire to conduct extensive live customer/user interviews to produce meaningful qualitative analyses.
- You welcome candid feedback and are looking to grow your skill sets.
- You multi-task and can synthesize multiple perspectives to get the most important thing done.
The best candidates will have:
- 2+ years of experience with subscription products.
- 1+ years of experience with video and audio products.
- Proficiency in data analytics (SQL).
- Strong familiarity with multiple functional areas (e.g. engineering, sales, and customer support).
Owl Labs is over 40% remote and headquarters are based in Boston, MA. This role can be either an on-site or remote position. Please specify in your application. Our team is currently working 100% remote due to COVID-19.
Please submit a cover letter with your application explaining why you think you’d be a great fit as our Product Manager.
Who We Are
The environment at Owl Labs has been shaped by the top tech, marketing and sales talent leading it. We share a strong culture of support, learning, and collaboration. Embodying empathy for the remote worker or team, a love of emerging technology, and hustle and grit, everyday the Owl Labs team is shaping the future of work. From leadership to our co-op interns, we encourage creativity, breaking the mold, moving fast to learn quickly and then adapting. It’s a culture of trying new things to stay ahead in the marketplace, and embracing new ideas at every level. We embrace remote work, today and everyday with over 40% of employees working remotely (pre-COVID). The Meeting Owl products contribute directly to the company’s success; it’s at the core of who we are and what we do.
Owl Labs is an Equal Opportunity Employer committed to our values of embracing inclusivity and creating a culture where everyone feels respected and connected, no matter the location of their work environment. We invite applications from people of all walks of life and are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for candidates with disabilities in our recruiting process. If you need accommodations due to a disability, please let us know.
What We Offer
Option to Work Remotely: We practice what we preach. Employees work at our Boston HQ, across the US, and often work a hybrid mix of in-office and remote.
Flexible Schedule: We all work hard, and so we believe in working whenever you're at your best.
Free Health Insurance: Enroll in Owl Labs's health plan for $1 for you and your family.
Unlimited Vacation: We have big goals. It makes sense to take what you need, when you need it.
Celebrate Inclusivity: Owlers get important holidays, including International Women's Day, Indigenous People's Day and MLK Day.
Incredible Team: Learn alongside phenomenal folks from some of Boston's most successful tech companies.
More Jobs From