We are seeking a Wheel Builder / Specialist to join the Copenhagen Wheel team.
Life at Superpedestrian is about creating the magic that people feel when they ride the Copenhagen Wheel. We are seeking an experienced wheel builder to join our manufacturing team part time. Qualified Applicants will have an excellent mechanical aptitude. You must be able to demonstrate an understanding of bicycle wheel building, with 1-2 years of bike mechanic experience including wheel truing and building.
What you’ll do:
- Lace and finish a Copenhagen Wheel that meets production standards in a timely manner.
- Work closely with the the project coordinator to ensure orders are completed accurately and on time.
- Develop exceptional product knowledge and help with tech support and advice when necessary.
- Maintain a clean and organized work area.
What we're looking for:
- The ability to multi-task, prioritize and troubleshoot new tasks as they arise.
- Passion for cycling and enthusiasm for the cycling industry.
- Highly motivated and willing to seek out and run with opportunities that may arise.
- Reliable and punctual.
- Strong communication skills.
What you can expect in return:
- A team of awesome, like-minded, driven people that support each other, and mentors from across the top echelons of industry.
- The chance to have your voice heard and help shape Superpedestrian’s future.
- Regular social events: we have a grill for our frequent cook-outs, a fully-equipped dj booth for those late nights, and a tri-weekly running club.
A gorgeous workspace in a beautifully renovated warehouse with a private courtyard in the heart of Cambridge
If you are planning to apply and don’t know what the Copenhagen Wheel is, it is time to go to superpedestrian.com and study up. You don’t have to be the world’s most obsessed cyclist but you do have to possess a strong desire to change the way we move around cities.
Superpedestrian brings together a team of designers and robotics engineers with one vision: transforming urban mobility. Our first idea? Pedal power. With an exclusive license to MIT’s Copenhagen Wheel, thousands of pre-order sales and backing by tier-one venture capital investors, the Copenhagen Wheel is entering mass production in 2016.
We have to mention it, but it should be a no-brainer: Superpedestrian is an equal opportunity employer. We are only interested in your skills and your character. If we think there’s a good fit, we will get in touch with you. So please, no phone calls or recruiters please.