We work hard, and we work fast - while keeping up the quality and accuracy we're known for. It's what keeps us inventing and reinventing, all the time. We bring out the best in each other. And through our countless volunteer projects, we help bring out the best in the communities around us, too. You can do amazing work here. Work you couldn't do anywhere else. It's up to you to make it happen.
The Bloomberg Marketing Studio is Bloomberg's in-house content, creative and digital marketing group. Working on assignments for print, digital, environmental, interactive and broadcast projects, the Studio has writing, design, production and content capabilities. We drive projects across the full spectrum of Bloomberg, both internally and externally. We work across a global workflow, with staff in major Bloomberg offices.
As part of the Web Products team within the Bloomberg Marketing Studio, the Web Product Managers are the champions for their product. They are focused on understanding business and market requirements, then prioritizing the work to be done by the design and engineering teams accordingly. You should be a passionate digital marketer who proactively identifies, recommends and implements measurable improvements across web and other channels. Communication and execution are key factors to your success in this role. You will also need to be a proactive team member identifying solutions and opportunities.
It's a complex role requiring an understanding from a strategic perspective of why you should do a project, what technology could be used to achieve it, what it could look like, and how it could work. A digital specialist, but also a jack of all trades when it comes to understanding digital strategy, UX, business analysis, design, copywriting, SEO, development, QA, and analytics. This is accomplished by utilizing creative and technical skills, providing proper support and maintenance, as well as closely working with designers, developers, and other specialists as a unified team.
What you'll do:
- Work with marketing managers, designers and web development teams to enhance functionality and features on web products as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Build and manage the product backlog, closely partner with the business and the team to ensure everyone understands the work items in the product backlog, interpret requests into Jira issues with definition of completion/success
- Provide the development and design teams clear guidance on which features to deliver next
- Manage, update and build out products as-needed with the willingness to roll up your sleeves to do the day-to-day updates, as well as manage larger scale updates and enhancements
- Troubleshoot platform issues and solve them with the help of web developers and extended Digital Marketing team
- Stakeholder management to gather requirements and understand their business needs
- Work with design when needed to accommodate content updates or feature requests
- Validate requests against metrics to assess the value of the undertaking
- Test and review completed requests in a QA environment before signing off for deployment
- Test campaign elements and interactions for continual improvements, optimization (SEO)
- Identify opportunities for SEM or enhancements
You need to have:
- Minimum 3-5 years experience in web production/product management
- Experience with content management systems, specifically WordPress
- Demonstrated success in project management with an aptitude to effectively prioritize and complete multiple tasks
- Solid knowledge in HTML and familiarity with CSS.
- SEO, SEM, Google Tag Manager, Analytics, and Optimize knowledge
- Experience working in an Agile engineering environment
- Proven success in developing, testing and deploying multiple marketing campaigns with the ability to execute quick iterations to test theories and designs, using experience, analytics and data for decision making
- Strong relationship management skills with exemplary communication and presentation skills (persuasive written, compelling oral)
- Deep familiarity about digital marketing concepts, practices and programs with a strong understanding of email, social, and web marketing
- Knowledge of best practices for web UX design
If this sounds like you:Apply and we'll get in touch to let you know what the next steps are.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, gender, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
More Jobs From