Come join a winning team! Here at Imprivata, youll see a dedicated group of professionals who care about improving healthcare. Our team thrives on collaboration and sharing ideas, whether in a cross-functional meeting or at one of our virtual team-building events.
While we're diverse in our backgrounds and skills, we have much in common. A passion for our mission. A strong sense of integrity. A belief that we're making a positive impact and a commitment to having fun.
We are seeking a Web Marketing Co-op to join our team. This role can be remote, in office, or hybrid.
The Web Marketing Co-op or Intern is an important member of the Creative Team and supports the updates, maintenance, and development of the Imprivata corporate websites. We are looking for someone to contribute to day-to-day edits, additions, and adjustments of the Imprivata corporate website, as well as being involved with the front-end development, theming, and module development. This position requires a combination of programming skills (HTML, CSS, JS, PHP, etc.), aesthetics (understanding element arrangements on the screen, color and font choices, and so on), and problem-solving (how to reach the end goals efficiently and effectively).
A strong grasp of and interest in web design trends and content management systems is preferred, as well as an understanding of responsive and adaptive design and development. In addition, familiarity with the entire web development process, from design through quality assurance, is helpful. The co-op or intern will work directly with members of the Creative team to identify areas for improvement on our website and develop solutions to enhance the user experience. This will involve conducting user research, creating wireframes and prototypes, and conducting A/B testing to optimize website elements. Imprivata is a fast-paced, high-energy company creating top-tier technology solutions for the healthcare industry. This is a great opportunity to gain real, hands-on experience in custom web development for a corporate CMS platform and the day-to-day upkeep of a crucial business website.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Assist in maintaining, updating, and developing the Imprivata websites (.com, .intl, .co.uk, .de) using Drupal CMS
- Work closely with the Web and Design teams to ensure an effective, visually appealing, and intuitive implementation
- Conduct user research and identify areas for improvement on our website
- Develop wireframes and prototypes to enhance the user experience
- Conduct A/B testing to optimize website elements
- Contribute to the design and implementation of new features and functionality
- Help establish and guide the websites architecture, ensure high-performance and availability, and manage technical aspects of the CMS
- Perform quality assurance of your own work and that of others, including code testing, cross browser testing, big fixes, code review, etc.
- Website code optimization
- Other tasks as assigned
- Pursuing a Bachelors degree (or recent graduate) in Web Design, Web Marketing, Web Development or related discipline with a 3.0 GPA minimum.
- Strong knowledge of today's website standards and attention to detail, standards, and best practices
- Strong problem-solving skills and attention to detail
- Passion for design and user experience
- Experience with CMS platforms and A/B testing is a plus
- The ability to hand-write HTML and debug most types of code
- Familiarity with code repositories such as Github as well as push/pull and check-in code processes
- Experience with CMS (we use Drupal, but Wordpress or similar is a great start)
- The desire and excitement to learn and implement new technologies and work on large-scale websites
- Prior relevant intern experience in a professional setting, preferably technology
- Well-developed analysis and problem-solving skills and the willingness to dig in and find solutions
- Strong belief in seeking efficient ways to achieve results and the ability to learn from the work to inform the work
- Effective organization and project management skills
- Proficiency in the Microsoft Office suite such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Outlook
- Familiarity with the Adobe Creative Suite, namely Photoshop and XD is a plus
- Reliable transportation (public transportation is not available)
At Imprivata, we have a top-notch work environment, developmental opportunities, a competitive total rewards package, and the desire to have fun. If you have the skills and qualifications as we have described above, we want to hear from you!
Imprivata provides equal employment opportunities, regardless of race, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
Please keep in mind that all Imprivata open positions are posted on our careers page, which is the only way to apply for prospective employment at our company. We only contact candidates regarding their applications via @imprivata.com email addresses. For more information on how to remain vigilant about your personal security and privacy, you may refer to the FTC resources on Scams here and resources on Identity Theft and Online Security here.