Web Content Operations Specialist
EF Go Ahead Tours (a division of EF Education First)
Cambridge, MA, United States
About the Role:
The Web Content Operations Specialist will drive a wide variety of operational tasks related to the Go Ahead Tours website and app that will maximize all available web functionality capabilities within the content management system (CMS) and developer platforms to meet and exceed identified strategic objectives and goals for the web. These tasks will include page updates and the implementation of new creative layouts using the CMS, CSS, and other web-based tools.
The successful candidate will possess a blend of technical and design experience with the ability to draw on elements of both. They can demonstrate advanced skills in website content management and presentation techniques. Experience in user experience optimization is important for this position. The candidate should possess creative problem-solving skills and be able to switch rapidly between projects in a fast-paced and dynamic environment. Self-management of workflow is essential while ensuring the highest level of quality and consistency with respect to product presentation, marketing messaging and brand representation.
- Manage daily website and app content ensuring site stability to drive department and category-level conversion
- Format creative imagery and organize on-site content to support digital marketing channel messages
- Utilize knowledge and extensive experience with handling CMS to leverage text and graphic components in a structured design system
- Identify and support taxonomy and navigation enhancements to foster effective browsing experiences
- Manage promotion campaign support and analyze performance, providing insights to improve conversion as necessary
- Add/edit content of the website adhering to predefined visual and brand standards
- Support the development of design standards for all sections of the website
- Collaborate on page layout creation and functionality updates
- Troubleshoot site content and functionality issues
- Review web content to ensure accuracy and functionality
- 5+ years of experience working in e-Commerce, in a complex, matrix structured organization
- Experience with web and graphic design platforms such as Photoshop and Dreamweaver
- Demonstrated knowledge of website technology and development
- Solid understanding of online usability research with the ability to integrate that knowledge into practical concepts
- A creative mind with a solid understanding of the capabilities and constraints of web design
- Passion for creating easy and fun online shopping experiences
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Highly organized and detail oriented
- Ability to manage multiple tasks independently
- Ability to function well under pressure and follow project plans and deadlines
- Bachelor’s degree in Marketing, Graphic Design, Communication, or equivalent work experience
What Will Put You Ahead?
- Experience in Digital Marketing
- Superuser-level experience in Content Management Systems (Storyblok a plus)
- Experience with web analytics (Google Analytics and Tableau a plus).
- Experience in the travel industry.
The reason(s) you’ll want to work here:
- Work in our North American Headquarters where you’ll enjoy comprehensive professional development, frequent social programming, and employee-run social groups (including our “EF-finity” groups: [email protected],[email protected], [email protected], [email protected] and [email protected]). In addition, you can expect:
- Paid International Business Travel opportunities
- Commitment to professional growth: robust monthly calendar of trainings, workshops and TED Talk style sessions
- Three weeks paid vacation your first year (four weeks starting in year two), in addition to 9 paid holidays
- 25% company match on your 401(k)
- Market-leading medical, dental and vision coverage, along with life and disability insurance
- Wellness benefits including onsite and virtual classes run by EF instructors and a yearly fitness reimbursement
- EF Product Discounts (discounts on travel, international language schools, childcare with our Au Pair product and more)
- Dependent care, healthcare and commuter Flex Spending Accounts (FSAs)
- Discounts at local venues and businesses
About EF Education First
At EF we believe that the world is better when people try to understand one another. Since 1965, we have helped millions of people see new places, experience new cultures, and learn new things about the world and about themselves. Our culturally immersive education programs—focused on language, travel, cultural exchange, and academics—turn dreams into international opportunities.
When you join EF, you join a multicultural and diverse community working across more than 600 schools and offices in 50 countries, all with one shared mission of opening the world through education. Whoever you are, whatever you are passionate about—we welcome you and want you to bring that to work every day. EF is proud to be an equal opportunity employer and we are committed to inclusion and belonging across race, ethnicity, gender, age, religion, caste, parental status, identity, experience and everything else that makes you unique.
Founded in Sweden in 1965, EF has school and offices around the world, including hubs in Boston, London, Mexico City, São Paulo, Shanghai, Stockholm, Zürich, and more. Learn more at https://ef.com.