The VP of Professional Services is a member of the Customer Operations (COPS) organization who will lead pre- and post-sales consulting services and build out a Managed Services offering. The VP will be the primary interface with the Mimecast sales organization to help them position and sell packaged services into new accounts and follow-on services to existing accounts as well as performing strategic engagement support to key named/ strategic accounts. This individual will have a broad understanding of solutions, industry best practices and technology integration, demonstrating expertise and delivery of implementation methodology programs to meet standard and sophisticated customer engagement requirements.
This individual will be responsible for the growth of the global Professional Services teams in every geo. These teams will include implementation specialists and professional services resources responsible for more complex onboarding services and post onboarding accelerated adoption services. We also plan to build a managed services offering. The ideal candidate also has experience delivering services through trusted MSP’s and channel partners- leading the Services Channel strategy. The VP will be responsible for ensuring a global program of standards, governance and execution to meet business objectives including GAAP related obligations pertaining to time-to-delivery and revenue recognition modules for implementation and services offerings.
The VP will ensure the global team is able to provide expert knowledge to existing and prospective customers through the delivery of facilitated pre-sales engagements, conducting detailed discovery, producing the vision and corresponding roadmap for implementation and onboarding. The VP will work proactively and independently with global GTM leadership, practice directors and as well as provide coaching and mentorship to regional onboarding strategists, to assist new and follow-on opportunities as needed.
- Development of mission, strategy and execution plan for all implementation, adoption, and managed services at Mimecast.
- Primary interface to Mimecast Sales Engineering and Sales organizations globally.
- Primary link with Customer Success organization to ensure effective Customer Success planning program with VP of Customer Success for pre-sales planning and post sales acceleration-to-value
- Primary interface into the Mimecast Product and Engineering organizations regarding the development of tools and solutions to facilitate frictionless onboarding and POCs
- Develop and evolve channel partner strategy.
- Develop and enforce process and workflows to support a rich customer experience from POC to Production and all pre- and post-sales onboarding and adoption services.
- Responsible for defining and upholding of global program standards definitions, governance and reporting.
- Growth of the team through additional services offerings and team expansion to meet customer needs/ market evolution.
- Superior communication, relationship and customer service skills that result in the ability to rapidly assess evolving needs of sophisticated/ enterprise customers.
- Exemplary communication and writing skills enabling development of the following:
- Clear internal communication
- Clear customer/ market facing communications to customers and partners
- Well documented vision, strategic plan and execution directives for direct and indirect stakeholders
- Effectively communicate with all stakeholders working proactively and independently to prioritize and manage customer engagements and follow-on services opportunities, including Customer Experience, Customer Development and Data Services.
- Onsite travel to customer locations which may include executive presentations and on-going strategic account consulting.
- Leadership, Management and Coaching and Mentorship skills
- Peer collaboration
- High EQ
- Exemplary communication and relationship skills (verbal and written)
- Technical knowledge and aptitude
- Executive customer management skills
- Good listening skills
- Ability to influence others
- Presentation and group facilitation
- Customer outcomes focused
- Positive attitude
Qualifications & Requirements
- Minimum of 10+ years previous experience with enterprise Professional Services
- Must be able to work well both independently and collaboratively
- Must have effective communication skills - both verbally and written
- Bachelor's degree in information systems, or related area or demonstration of equivalent knowledge
- International travel required at times
We offer a highly competitive rewards and benefits package including private healthcare, dental and life coverage. Mimecast is an entrepreneurial and high growth company which will provide the right candidate with a wealth of career development opportunities. All Mimecasters strive on being high performers, problem solvers, and team players with passion and integrity.
An Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability. #LI-143043533_MC2
More Jobs From