U.S. healthcare is frustrating and deeply flawed. Cedars mission is to drive better outcomes for everyone involved, including providers, insurance companies and the people they serve. At a time when consumer-friendly healthcare experiences are more critical than ever, our platform is uniquely equipped to solve problems that lead to billing issues and administrative waste. At Cedar, know that your work will have a meaningful impact on peoples lives.
As the VP of Partnerships (Sales), you will lead and manage the aggregate sales process with prospective, enterprise level clients. Given the complexity of our clients, candidates must have experience navigating relationships with multiple stakeholders of large enterprises, as well as the ability to successfully execute a consultative sales style. Our target clients include health systems, physician groups, and laboratory companies.
Successful candidates are strategic, quick thinkers and problem solvers. The ideal candidate has a track record of closing deals, generating leads, pitching to new clients, and selling in a consultative manner. This candidate is a great collaborator, internally and externally, and is also an effective relationship manager. Candidates should also be ready to play a role in all aspects of the commercial business including build-out of internal company processes, recruiting, and interfacing with Cedars product & engineering teams.
- Build and maintain relationships with prospective client partners
- Act as a strategic thought partner for leaders of client organizations throughout the sales engagement process
- Create compelling business cases for clients and shape key company materials such as pitch decks and case studies
- Navigate clients from the sales engagement through the on-boarding process including contracting
- Help shape Cedars commercial strategy in existing and new business areas
- Help build out internal processes for the Partnerships team
- Identify market needs and engage with Cedars product and engineering teams to evaluate
Required Skills & Experience
- 8+ years in business development, consulting, or sales
- Prior healthcare experience is required
- Track record of managing relationships with high-level enterprise clients
- Gravitas and communication skills to engage senior executives of large enterprises
- Comfortable working on a small team and a dynamic environment
- Collaborative team player excited to work on big problems
- Track record of building successful strategic client relationships and managing complex projects
- Salary/Hourly Rate Range*: $161,500 - $190,000
- This role is also bonus and equity eligible
- This role offers a competitive benefits and wellness package
What do we offer to the ideal candidate?
- A chance to improve the U.S. healthcare system at a high-growth company! Our leading healthcare financial platform is scaling rapidly, helping millions of patients per year
- Unless stated otherwise, most roles have flexibility to work from home or in the office, depending on what works best for you
- Unlimited PTO for vacation, sick and mental health dayswe encourage everyone to take at least 20 days of vacation per year to ensure dedicated time to spend with loved ones, explore, rest and recharge
- 16 weeks paid parental leave with health benefits for all parents, plus flexible re-entry schedules for returning to work
- Diversity initiatives that encourage Cedarians to bring their whole selves to work, including three employee resource groups: [email protected] (for BIPOC-identifying Cedarians and their allies), Pridecones (for LGBTQIA+ Cedarians and their allies) and Cedar Women+ (for female-identifying Cedarians)
- Competitive pay, equity (for qualifying roles) and health benefits that start on the first of the month following your start date (or on your start date if your start date coincides with the first of the month)
- 401k plan with 3% employer non-election contribution
- Access to hands-on mentorship, employee and management coaching, and a stipend for learning and development resources to help you grow both professionally and personally
Cedar was co-founded by Florian Otto and Arel Lidow in 2016 after a negative medical billing experience inspired them to help improve our healthcare system. With a commitment to solving billing and patient experience issues, Cedar has become a leading healthcare technology company fueled by remarkable growth. Over the past several years, weve raised more than $350 million in funding from investors such as Andreessen Horowitz and Tiger Global, bringing Cedars valuation to $3.2 billion.
Today, Cedar helps over 15 million patients annuallyand partners with more than 50 leading healthcare providers, including Yale New Haven Health, Summit Health, Novant Health, Allina Health, Providence, ChristianaCare, Blue Cross Blue Shield of Arizona, CommonSpirit Health and Blue Cross Blue Shield of Massachusetts.