Starburst is on a mission to modernize data access & analytics. Our company was founded in an unusual way; with customers and revenue from the beginning! Our growth is already ahead of some of the most successful software start-ups, and we dont plan on slowing down.
We believe our opportunity is huge. Every large company in the world suffers from a data silo problem. Traditional data warehouse products approach the problem with old solutions that breed inefficiency and ultimately cant help business analysts run fast analytics on all their data.
Starburst provides a modern solution that addresses these data silo & speed of access problems. Starburst helps enterprises harness the value of open source Trino (formerly PrestoSQL), the fastest distributed query engine available today, by adding the tools and 24x7 support that meet the needs for big data access at scale. Ultimately, Starburst helps organizations run analytics anywhere to make better business decisions.
As VP of Information Security, you will be responsible for global corporate information technology, security and data privacy/compliance initiatives. This role will be strategic in determining how we grow our technological footprint and continue to safeguard our customers data and ensure their trust long term.
This is a leadership position and the ideal candidate will champion our core values as we continue to rapidly scale the company.
- Help develop mechanisms, processes and strategies to ensure Starburst Data runs smoothly and effectively
- Establish and lead IT/Security/Compliance projects
- Monitor changes in the technology sector to discover ways the company can improve and develop
- Supervise networks and computer systems in the company to ensure optimal performance, and own our multi cloud operations
- Plan and direct the implementation of new technology systems to continue to scale Starburst Data
- Built diverse teams of exceptional individuals
- Technical Degree(s) in computer science, engineering or a related field
- Held management/leadership roles
- Excellent writing skills and the ability to use influence as effectively as direct control
- Past success analyzing data, drawing accurate conclusions, and adjusting strategy accordingly
- No ego. Strong focus on doing what is right for the customer and the company
- The ability to interface with diverse teams from leaders in business units to individual engineers
Headquartered in Boston MA with offices in Warsaw and London and employees across Europe and the Americas, we are committed to hiring where the talent is.
Starburst provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.