Who We Are:
Backed by Macquarie Group, Battery Ventures, Canaan Partners & ITOCHU, JOOR is a Series D start-up that provides the world's most recognized brands and retailers with a digital wholesale management platform that transforms the way these businesses work.
With a CEO recently named a Glossy 50 Changemaker in the Fashion Industry and a CTO from Google, JOOR is attracting top talent to drive market dominance. We have 180 employees in 11 global offices, including NYC, Philadelphia, LA, Milan, London, Paris, Madrid, Berlin, Melbourne, Tokyo and Shanghai. And, we are continuing to grow in a smart, sound way.
Founded in 2010, JOOR now services more than 12,500 brands and over 325,000 retailers in 144 countries, processing an incredible $1.5B in wholesale transaction volume each and every month. JOORs exclusive partners range from established luxury conglomerates such as LVMH, Kering, Richemont and Capri, to leading brands such as Stella McCartney, Valentino, Kate Spade, Tory Burch and Dr. Martens. Premier department stores including Neiman Marcus, Printemps and Harrods, as well as global digital retailers such as Shopbop and Revolve, conduct their buying exclusively through JOOR.
We are one of the few tech companies with a female CEO and 1/3 of our engineering team is made up of women well above the industry norm. Walking our floors, youll find people of every shape, color, ethnicity and creed. If you are looking to join a team of innovators and trail blazers who value diversity of thought and experience, then JOOR is a great choice for you.
- We are revolutionizing the virtual showroom experience
- We partner with exciting brands and retailers from around the world
- We are a global company that is rapidly growing
- We are one of the most diverse and inclusive tech companies
- We have been recognized as a break-out technology start-up driving innovation in the fashion & retail industry
This is an exciting opportunity to own the end-to-end people experience for our employees across the globe, overseeing the strategy and operations of recruiting, HR, and culture. This role reports into the Chief Executive Officer and has direct reports in Europe and North America.
What You'll Do:
- Lead the HR team of 5, overseeing all recruitment, HR, and culture initiatives across JOORs Global locations
- Develop hiring strategies that align with JOORs projected headcount and priorities to
bring in top talent to JOOR. Work closely with hiring managers to understand their
growth needs, requirements and expectations
- Advise managers across disciplines on how to develop and nurture high-performing
- Create Learning & Development initiatives to support, challenge, and inspire JOORs growing team
- Refine policies and procedures to ensure JOOR is compliant across all Global locations
- Act as a strategic business partner to the senior leadership team, consulting, coaching, and advising on all HR related matters
- Prioritize Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion initiatives
- Support and enhance JOORs culture initiatives, particularly given the challenges of hybrid and remote work environments, with an emphasis on fostering connection and collaboration across teams and locations
What We're Looking For:
- 15+ years in progressively more senior HR roles with global experience
- Experience building teams in a fast-growing tech start-up
- Solid knowledge of labor laws. Some international expertise is a must
- Demonstrated success in implementing organizational design strategies
- Ability to read the qualitative signals around mood and morale in a company and
create recommendations accordingly
- Excellent facilitation, coaching, consultative and influencing skills, as well as the
ability to work collaboratively with others to achieve shared goals
- Experience managing priorities among multiple strategic initiatives and projects
- Player-coach who gets the big picture and can roll up sleeves
- Demonstrates the stature, trust and credibility to work with all levels
- Strong analytical skills and ability to apply data to business challenges