Veeva Systems is a mission-driven organization and pioneer in industry cloud, helping life sciences companies bring therapies to patients faster. As one of the fastest-growing SaaS companies in history, we surpassed $2B in revenue in our last fiscal year with extensive growth potential ahead.
At the heart of Veeva are our values: Do the Right Thing, Customer Success, Employee Success, and Speed. We're not just any public company we made history in 2021 by becoming a public benefit corporation (PBC), legally bound to balancing the interests of customers, employees, society, and investors.
As a Work Anywhere company, we support your flexibility to work from home or in the office, so you can thrive in your ideal environment.
Join us in transforming the life sciences industry, committed to making a positive impact on its customers, employees, and communities.
The Vice President of Workplace is responsible for the growth, strategy, and operations of Veevas worldwide offices and work locations. This leader is focused on supporting the productivity of Veevas employees and customers around the world. The VP ensures the right type of environment is available for all Veevans to enable them to do their best work, whether in the office or at home, collaborating or working alone. This leader understands the importance of place and takes pride in creating high-quality workplaces that stand the test of time. The VP works with Veevas global regional presidents and owns the business plan to support Veevas expansion across North America, EMEA, and Asia.
What You'll Do
- Translate Veevas Work Anywhere culture into a physical place strategy. Champion the continuous improvement of our approach to workplaces
- Create the business plan for our work locations in each of Veevas global regions, in support of the regional presidents
- Establish/maintain a strong team of local Workplace & Facilities Directors in each region
- Build a deep culture of customer service across the facilities organization
- Leverage a combination of owned space, leased space, and shared workspaces in newly formed locations, well-established regional hubs, and corporate headquarters
- Lead the global team of facilities managers, office managers, workplace services employees, and porter and culinary staff
- Design and support a global approach to centralized lease and budget management, including spend metrics
- Ensure ongoing alignment of workplace strategy with regional business strategy and needs through a structured business planning process
- Collaborate with peers in IT, Security, and Employee Success on new construction and maintenance standards and projects
- Create and drive adoption of the vision, values, and customer service orientation through the Workplace business
- Represent Workplace within the Veeva leadership team, and establish the team as a thought partner for managing Veevas growth
- Ensure Veevas largest facilities projects align with Veevas company culture and values and distill these into a style guide with the team
- Bachelors degree in Human Resources, Organizational Psychology, Business, or other similar degree, or equivalent work experience; MBA preferred
- 10+ years of experience in culture-focused strategic leadership roles, including global leadership experience
- Experience driving workplace strategy as a key component of company culture
- Familiarity with general construction project management and engineering
- Experience building company culture in a Human Resources, Marketing, or other leadership role
- Demonstrated business strategy and planning experience
- Experience managing a global budget and team
- Good risk assessment and judgment ability
- Solid business relationship management and vendor management skills
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including executive communications
- Ability to work independently with minimal guidance in a dynamic environment
- Global travel is required for this position
Nice to Have
Perks & Benefits
- Medical, dental, vision, and basic life insurance
- Flexible PTO and company paid holidays
- Retirement programs
- 1% charitable giving program
- Base pay: $175,000 - $300,000
- The salary range listed here has been provided to comply with local regulations and represents a potential base salary range for this role. Please note that actual salaries may vary within the range above or below, depending on experience and location. We look at compensation for each individual and base our offer on your unique qualifications, experience, and expected contributions. This position may also be eligible for other types of compensation in addition to base salary, such as variable bonus and/or stock bonus.
Veevas headquarters is located in the San Francisco Bay Area with offices in more than 15 countries around the world.
Veeva is an equal opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, national origin or ancestry, age, disability, marital status, pregnancy, protected veteran status, protected genetic information, political affiliation, or any other characteristics protected by local laws, regulations, or ordinances. If you need assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need when applying for a role or in our recruitment process, please contact us at [email protected].