Full-time, Boston, MA or Remote (US - East Coast)
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing Boston-based SaaS startup in search of that unique individual who is passionate about delivering an unparalleled customer experience and building the infrastructure to support it. If you are a customer-centric, detail-oriented team-player, who wants to help build a best-in-class Success team, youre going to be a great VP of Global Customer Success.
Your work will play a critical part in scaling our Customer Success organization. You will be responsible for leading the Customer Success Managers team, partnering with the SVP, Customer Success the Director of CS Ops, The Director of Customer Enablement and the Director of Global Customer Support to ensure our customers maximize the value of their BlueConic investment and receive a best-in-class experience.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works from the Netherlands. With more than 300 brands currently using the platform, our work is experienced by millions.
About the job
The Success organization is focused on delivering value to and consistently delighting customers. This role is about ensuring that at every phase, from onboarding to renewal, customers are driving outcomes and receiving a best-in-class experience, resulting in long-term renewal, account growth, and advocacy. You will be responsible for building out high-performing, customer-obsessed teams, staying one jump ahead of the future needs of customers. Reporting to the SVP, Customer Success, you will serve as a senior member of the broader Customer Success team, helping design the future of Customer Success at BlueConic. Aside from being driven to build an industry leading CS team, we are looking for someone who will:
- Partner with the SVP, Customer Success to evolve and manage the global customer success managers team
- Drive customer success outcomes including increasing renewal rates, product adoption, expansion and advocacy while reducing churn
- Act as a point of escalation in customer issues
- Attract and manage best-in-industry talent, fostering collaboration across the team, identifying development and learning opportunities and coaching team members to uncover their highest potential
- Track and report on key team metrics
- Develop frameworks and engagement models that optimize team staffing and customer engagement
- Partner with the Director, CS Operations to:
- Onboard and train new hires
- Identify, develop and implement processes and procedures that drive the effective and efficient operation of the team
- Maximize the effectiveness and utilization of CS tools
- Identify key trends in customer experience and health metrics
- Partner with the Director, Global Customer Support to:
- Identify and implement support policies, procedures and best practices
- Build out a global support organization
- Partner with the Director, Customer Enablement to:
- Ensure customers are adopting and utilizing the Academy and that the content is truly enabling their success in the platform
- Identify customers to engage in events such as webinars and user groups
- Collaborate with Marketing to evangelize customers success through acts of advocacy
- Support ad-hoc customer projects and initiatives as identified by the SVP, Customer Success
Our ideal candidates background includes:
- 5+ years experience leading a customer success team, ideally globally
- Experience supporting a technical SaaS product, preferably in the MarTech space
- An obsession with customer-experience and a clear understanding of its impact on a business
- The ability to manage customer interactions and handle uncomfortable situations, knowing when to raise a flag to leadership
- An understanding of the business of customer success balanced with a passion for making customers successful
- Proven success building highly engaged, high-performing teams that everyone wants to be a part of
- A team-player mentality
It will set you apart from the pack if you have:
- Have experience specifically managing CS teams in a SaaS organization
- Hands-on experience working with customer data platforms, digital analytics, personalization, tag management, data management platforms (DMPs), and/or web-based data and marketing technologies
- Scaled a customer success or support organization or had a front row seat to the process of building one out and have managed teams of more than 30 people
- Have past experience in a customer-facing/support role
- Experience managing global and/or remote teams
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best marketing technology product ever, period.
- Be part of a small and fast-growing team in downtown Boston
- Take advantage of great opportunities for career advancement
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply
To join the BlueCrew is to:
- Enjoy hard work and seek out a challenge.
- Care deeply about your colleagues, the mission, and your results.
- Draw energy from the task at hand and radiate it to motivate the people around you.
- Have amazing ideas and be able to bring them to fruition.
- Prioritize hustle over title and results over resumes.
- Balance the pragmatic and systematic, repeatability and opportunism.
- Refuse to compromise on quality, honesty, or dedication.
- Insist on the highest caliber deliverables, especially when sharing externally, even when it seems excessive or nit-picky.