The Vice President, Finance and Business Operations will serve as a collaborative business partner in driving the strategy and execution of the business growth plan for Ellevation. Ellevation, a wholly-owned subsidiary of Curriculum Associates, helps school districts transform their English Learner programs to ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
The VP, Finance and Business Operations reports to the Chief Financial Officer at Curriculum Associates and has a dual reporting structure to the CEO of Ellevation. This role provides dedicated Ellevation support on business, financial and operational (business intelligence and sales operations) needs. The VP, Finance and Business Operations partners and works closely with the Ellevation leadership team to drive growth and profitability.
Impact you'll have:
- Build the Ellevation long-range plan, incorporating the impact of critical strategies and analytics-based insights to create a financial roadmap that meets strategic objectives and delivers total shareholder return.
- Lead the development of the annual budget for Ellevation, partnering with key leaders and business stakeholders to consolidate the financial plan, identify risks/opportunities and scenario planning, and communicate to key stakeholders. Manage working capital needs.
- Evaluate ROI for investments and help assess key business decisions for Ellevation. Identify and monitor key performance indicators & business drivers. Proactively partner and communicate with key stakeholders, including leaders of the Revenue, Support, R&D, and People Ops organizations, to ensure the best possible decision making throughout the year.
- Serve as a thought leader in building efficiencies, continuous operational improvement, resource deployment, and identifying forward-looking opportunities to maximize productivity.
- Partners with CA Sales Operations, Business Operations, Legal, and Request for Proposals teams to provide ELL leaders with sales operations and business intelligence key insights to drive solid decision making.
- Serve as a steward of Ellevation and CA and ensure proper internal controls are in place.
- Support corporate development opportunities for Ellevation, as needed.
Who we're looking for:
- Strong people leader with experience hiring, growing, developing, and leading diverse and high-performing teams of 4+ employees. Able to motivate others and create an inclusive culture. Experience managing managers.
- Strong leadership and communication skills (oral & written).
- Strong interpersonal and business partnership skills able to build trust and dependability. Has a long track record of building productive, collaborative, and supportive relationships with functional leaders across an organization.
- Curious and ongoing learner with a relentless drive for improvement. Able to learn and incorporate new and complex concepts quickly and bring outside best practices into the company. Continually evaluates business and technology opportunities, ensuring team consistently questions decisions, identifies best practices, and drives improvement.
- Results oriented with a consistent history of delivering results.
- Effective decision making, ownership, and accountability.
- Able to handle ambiguity, handle multiple priorities and navigate well through stressful situations and pressing deadlines.
- Strong focus on stewardship (and always do whats right).
- A self-starter disciplined and comfortable in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent problem solving and analytical capability, with solid financial and operational modeling skills.
- Ability to partner with leaders, influence others and communicate effectively with key stakeholders, management, and board members.
- 10+ years of financial experience
- Prior leadership experience in a SaaS company.
Travel: Ability to travel to Boston for leadership meetings and other business needs (likely one week per month) upon re-opening of a Boston office.
- MBA or CPA
- Experience in education and/or software/technology
- Familiarity with systems (especially Salesforce)
At Ellevation, we develop world-class software to help school districts and educators support the fastest growing population of K-12 students: English Language Learners (ELLs). Ellevation helps school districts transform their EL programs and ensure all students can achieve their highest aspirations with a best-in-class data and instructional planning platform, resources to build teacher capacity, and student-facing programs to teach academic language.
We are a fast-growing, mission-driven technology company, partnering with over 800 public school districts all across the country. We are well-capitalized, have a strong team, and are continuously focused on how to build the best organization so that we can achieve our ambitious social and financial objectives.
In addition to our great benefit plans and competitive salaries, here are some other perks that make us unique:
+ Great location in Boston - a stones throw from the Chauncy Street/Downtown Crossing T stop (We are currently working 100% remotely due to COVID-19)
+ Ability to make a significant impact in the education industry
+ Fun Fridays including virtual happy hours with our remote team
+ Free snacks, beverages, fruit, and we even compost!
+ On-site gym, game room and darts to support all levels of athleticism
+ Opportunity to join an open and collaborative work environment!
Learn more about our team in our Culture Deck.
Here at Ellevation, we champion diversity, inclusion, equity, and belonging. We strive to build a team that reflects the diverse communities we serve. Were an equal opportunity employer, committed to creating an inclusive workplace that promotes and values a range of ideas and opinions. We embrace all types of differences in the development of our organization. We are proud to have been recognized in prior years as Best Tech Workplace for Diversity from the Timmy Awards for investing in trainings around inclusive behaviors, microaggressions, unconscious bias, and fostering a culture of sharing educational resources across the company. We are encouraged by our progress, but theres more work to be done.