ezCater is the most trusted provider of corporate food solutions a $300+ billion market in the US alone. ezCater is purpose-built for business. ezCater's corporate food platform and flexible, scalable food solutions allow organizations to centralize and track their food spend, and fulfill everything from daily employee meals to client meetings and company all-hands. ezCater backs this up with business-grade, best-in-class, customer service and an unmatched nationwide footprint. We're backed by top investors including Insight, Iconiq, Lightspeed, GIC, SoftBank, and Quadrille, and had an up-round in December of 2021 when we were valued at $1.6 billion.
ezCater is rapidly expanding our Demand and Supply product engineering teams. Were looking for an experienced leader to take on the VP of Developer Experience and Technology role to drive the transformation of internal shared services. Our feature teams depend on these key centers of excellence: Site reliability, security, developer experience, cloud infrastructure, technical operations and IT. Were looking for a leader who lives the ethos of Devops: a commitment to working with engineering to optimize both the productivity of developers and the reliability and security of software and operations. In this role, you will be a role model for communicating frequently, increasing efficiencies, and improving the quality of services you provide to our engineers. We expect you to take full ownership for these services, beyond what has traditionally been scoped by thinking about the end customers needs and how you can contribute to solving those needs.
We also expect you to be committed to continuous learning, challenging yourself and your team to stay on top of industry trends and supporting the appropriate L&D programs so that your teams and our engineering community are always leveling up core skills in reliability, security and quality.
You will report directly to the CTO and be a member of the Technology leadership team, partnering with both Engineering and Product leads to deliver on our Product Roadmap - ensuring our product continues to give customers the most reliable food at work solution.
What You'll Do:
- Be an active member of the product and technology leadership team, contributing ideas to how we bring the most value to our external customers.
- Inspire and persuasively communicate ideas, overcome obstacles, lead people and compel change to meet company goals.
- Determine the roadmap and needed team composition across the following functions
- Ensure a secure and compliant enterprise, operationalize CISO security policies enterprise wide, and maintain control compliance for responsible controls. Partner with General Counsel and Legal department in support of all security and compliance initiatives (PCI, SOC, GDPR, CPRA, etc)
- Build high-performing, knowledge-focused center of excellence for application security. Drive programs to bring that expertise into the broader engineering community.
- Manage daily operations on premise and hosted/Cloud infrastructure (AWS, storage, network, servers, conferencing, database related equipment and corporate applications
- Assess the risk related to the infrastructure and implement technologies and processes to mitigate the risks in line with business criticality and promote awareness across the organization
- Take accountability for the infrastructure architecture, performance, availability, incident, capacity, configuration, and change-management processes and for the tools to support required uptime and available SLAs
- Maintain disaster recovery infrastructure and documentation, ensuring systems and applications are adequately protected; schedule, run and report on regular scheduled disaster recovery tests
- Build high-performing, knowledge-focused center of excellence for site reliability. Drive programs to bring that expertise into the broader engineering community.
- Partner with Engineering leaders to evolve agile best practices to optimize for value, flow and quality.
- Facilitate the standardization and administration of the end-user computing environment to increase employee/end user efficiency and customer experience
- Manage the technology subscription budget to optimize total cost of ownership and provide strategic oversight for vendor/partner relationship management.
Infrastructure , Site Reliability & Tech Operations
What You Have:
- 8-10 years experience in Technology leadership roles with increasing levels of responsibility.
- Experience managing Technology infrastructure hosting, with heavy focus on the cloud (AWS preferred)
- Experience managing and maturing cyber security programs including but not limited to ISO27001, Data/Network/Email/Application Security, Social Engineering, etc.
- Experience leading IT Compliance and data privacy programs (SOC2, PCI. GDPR, CCPA, CPRA).
- Mange, select, adopt modern a business communication stack (SLACK, GoogleDrive, Confluence, Zoom)
- Managed 24/7 99.99% uptime production systems, created incident management programs, and set disaster recovery / business continuity strategy.
- Cloud infrastructure experience with AWS, Infrastructure and operations teams, modern CNCF stack.
- Experience with SRE programs focused on resilience and production engineering through hybrid embedded staffing models (4 golden signals, 12 factor apps, error budgets, observability)
- Exceptional leadership skills with the ability to develop and communicate a vision that inspires and motivates staff and aligns to the Technology and business strategy
- Proficient at analyzing and interpreting large amounts of data with the capacity to synthesize information and translate into effective and actionable insights
- Ability to prioritize and execute multiple initiatives, as a team player, in a collaborative often ambiguous and rapidly changing environment
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, including the ability to explain technical concepts and technologies to business leaders, and business concepts to the Technology workforce
The national cash compensation range for this role is $275,000-$325,000 per year.*
*Please note: Final offer amounts are determined by multiple factors, including prior experience, expertise and region & may vary from the amount above. This range does not represent additional compensation benefits (such as equity, 401K or medical, dental or vision insurance).
ezCater does not sponsor applicants for work visas or legal permanent residence.
What youll get from us:
Youll get a terrifically compelling opportunity, in an environment of radical transparency, open access to all the data, and collaborative colleagues at every level of our organization. Youll also get sane working hours and great flexibility around work/life balance.
Have people in your life of any age who always, often, or sometimes need your help? We make room for that. Have a bad thing or a good thing happen to you? We make room for that, too.
Oh, and youll get all this: Market salary, stock options that youll help make worth a lot, the usual holidays, all-you-can-eat vacation, 401K with ezCater match, health/dental/FSA, long-term disability insurance, remote-hybrid work from our awesome Boston or Denver offices OR your home OR a mixture of both home and office (you choose!), a tremendous amount of responsibility and autonomy, wicked awesome co-workers, cupcakes (and many more goodies) when youre in one of our offices, and knowing that you helped get this rocket ship to the moon.
ezCater is an equal opportunity employer. We embrace humans of every background, appearance, race, religion, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, and disability status. At the same time, we do not employ jerks, even brilliant ones.