Full-time, Boston, MA
Hurry up! Weve got a dream to build!
BlueConic is a fast-growing SaaS startup in search of a Customer Success leader who likes to build, scale, and excel. This individual will establish and lead a high-performing, scalable customer organization for a fast-growing leader in the marketing technology industry. Bring your passion for growth-stage startups and your flair for enabling and delighting marketers around the world.
We're attracting more and more new enterprise customers, with big deal sizes and sophisticated needs to match. We power awesome experiences for the people that our customers serve. Naturally, we believe that our customers themselves deserve just as strong an experience. We're outgrowing the ad hoc processes for managing customer success that worked when we were smaller and our customer base was smaller. In short, we're at a tipping point. We need a nimble and proactive VP of Customer Success who can build and lead the organization as the business scales. That's where you come in.
BlueConic is the market-leading customer data platform, which gives marketers the power to liberate their data and use it to improve marketing outcomes. Our clients use BlueConic to unify individual-level data and then use that single view across channels. Our SaaS platform is the solution for challenges marketers havent been able to solve for years. Were headquartered in Boston and our development team works in the Netherlands. With nearly 300 brands using the platform, our work is experienced by millions. People who are 'drivers' do well here those who are not shy about sharing their ideas and bringing them to fruition.
About the Job
BlueConic depends on delivering value to and consistently delighting customers. This role is about ensuring that at every phase, from onboarding to renewal, customers are driving outcomes and receiving a best-in-class experience, resulting in long-term renewal, account growth, and advocacy. Reporting into the COO and aligned tightly with the VP of Professional Services, you have a small-but-mighty team of customer success managers to scale and several other functions to take from one-to-many, including account management, support, and training.
In this role you will:
- Drive Customer Success outcomes
- Increase renewal rates and reduce churn
- Expand account revenue through cross-sell and up-sell
- Influence future lifetime value through higher product adoption
- Drive new business growth through greater advocacy and reference-ability
- Define and optimize the customer lifecycle
- Standardize data collection and interventions for each point in the customer journey
- Define the segmentation of the customer base and the appropriate service levels for each segment, based on factors such as deal size and marketing maturity
- Identify opportunities for continuous improvement, and implement them
- Design, implement, and manage Customer Success activities and priorities
- Partner support and certification
- Technical / Customer Support
- Customer Success Management
- Cross-sell / Up-sell
- Service portfolio
- Lead a world-class Customer Success team
- Attract and land experienced hires and high-potential individual contributors for your team
- Design and implement onboarding process for new team members
- Foster collaboration and a shared culture within your teams, across the Customer Success and Support departments, and across the customer lifecycle
- Encourage continuous learning within the team
- Measure effectiveness
- Define operational metrics for team
- Establish processes and tools for tracking metrics
- Create cadence for review within team
- Expose the relevant metrics to the executive team, company, and board
- Embed Customer Success across the company
- Create company-wide culture of Customer Success
- Create company-wide customer feedback loop
- You have built, scaled, and led a Customer Success and Support function from the ground up or had a front-row seat to it at in a more junior role. You can demonstrate an understanding of the value drivers for a business with a recurring revenue business model.
- You've served a customer base of mid-market to enterprise marketers.
- You are familiar with the marketing technology ecosystem. You understand what's going on behind the scenes when consumer brands make martech decisions.
- You have experience with solutions that are technically complex and nuanced.
- While you are driven to make customers happy, you've learned to balance any people-pleasing tendencies with an ability to raise the flag and confront uncomfortable truths with fellow members of the leadership team when necessary.
- Ideally, you have experience working in a global organization, where colleagues can be separate in time and space.
You will be a great fit if you are:
- Analytical and process oriented. You love rooting out inefficiency and building repeatable, exportable processes.
- A fervent collaborator, an acute listener, and a deliberate, data-driven decision-maker.
- Able to influence through persuasion, negotiation, and consensus building.
- An enthusiastic and creative leader with the ability to inspire others, and you have excellent communication and presentation skills.
Reasons to join us:
- Help build the best marketing technology product ever, period.
- Be part of a fast-growing team in downtown Boston with offices in the Netherlands
- Work with big name brands to achieve their marketing goals
- Join early and help shape this function as it expands and grows with customer demand
- Enjoy competitive salary and benefits, including the office stroopwafel supply (google it)