Wistia Studios produces video content that makes people love the Wistia brand. Were small and mighty, but growing fast and looking for an experienced video editor to join our ranks. At Wistia, we believe that creating meaningful content brings value to our audience and is crucial for our success. Wistia Studios ensures that we have that content in development and production at all times.
As a video editor for Wistia Studios, you will bring your discerning eye and exceptional storytelling skills to our internal productions, and, of course, make sure they ship on time. The right candidate has a deep understanding of the creative possibilities of post-production and will bring that perspective to all aspects of production including the ideation, production, and post-production phases. As a video editor for Wistia Studios, you will report to the Head of Production and collaborate with our broader team of writers, producers, and passionate video nerds.
- Be creative. Make stunning edits and be an exceptional storyteller.
- Edit... a lot. From series trailers to long-form shows and documentaries, you'll turn raw footage into eye-grabbing and engaging pieces of content.
- Set our post-production team up for success. Prepare project files for other editors. Make sure all members of the team have access to the files they need to push projects forward. Coordinate asset traffic across creative teams inside and outside of Wistia.
- Help manage all post-production activities. Well need you to tackle things like audio design, sound mixing, color grading, and visual effects.
- Help on production days. Collaborate with the production team to ensure the right things are being filmed to hit the vision of each video. Be flexible and willing to jump into different roles on set, from PA to boom or camera operator.
- Establish a post-production workflow. As a growing team of creators working on new and exciting projects, we need someone to help evolve our post-production process to keep our data safe and our projects on schedule.
The best candidates will have:
- 3-5+ years of production experience with a focus on editing and establishing a smooth post-production workflow
- Demonstrated technical experience using video creation/editing software (Adobe Premiere Pro, Final Cut Pro, After Effects, etc.)
- Worked on projects that have required a team of specialists including visual effects, color, and audio disciplines
- Experience being a team player who can clearly articulate visual concepts and can communicate effectively with a wide range of internal/external stakeholders
We work hard to ensure Wistia is an inclusive and diverse place where everyone feels happy, fulfilled, respected, comfortable, and welcome. You can learn more about the type of company were building on our blog. Check out our Jobs page to get a feel for our culture and the benefits of working at Wistia.
We want you to grow, contribute, and have fun here! We know the biggest investment we can make is in our employees, so we provide:
- A competitive salary
- 401k with 3% company contribution, regardless of whether you make contributions
- Flexible hours
- Fully paid healthcare coverage for you and your family (including dental) and a healthcare FSA
- Up to 16 weeks paid parental leave
- Flexible vacation and sick leave
- Transportation subsidies
- A convenient office just south of Central Square in Cambridge, MA. We're right on the Red Line, surrounded by great restaurants, parks, and even a dog park