The Vice President of Tealeaf Sales will be responsible for leading the direct sales and global channel sales activities for the newly formed Tealeaf business unit within Acoustic. This role reports to the General Manager of the business unit.
The VP of Tealeaf Sales job will be to establish a new commercial organization aimed at penetrating the enterprise market. This is an opportunity for a hands-on front-line sales leader to establish a new go-to-market motion that is distinct from the core Acoustic commercial organization, yet leverages its resources.
A major focus of this role will be to penetrate the North American financial services space (FSI) through both direct sales and channel partnerships while also serving other attractive verticals (consumer / retail, telco, healthcare). This person will primarily focus on selling to the Customer Experience (CX) and IT buyers, although he/she may also find opportunity within marketing departments.
The Tealeaf business unit will effectively be a “start-up” within a larger organization and the ideal candidate will have experience in a similar environment. He/she should also bring the hunting and selling disciplines developed in more mature businesses.
What You'll Do
- Work closely with the Tealeaf general manager and senior team to create a distinct go-to-market strategy.
- Leverage your contacts within the financial services industry to open doors and shorten the sales cycle.
- Hire and onboard a small team of US and London based account executives, account managers and BDRs to generate and close sales opportunities.
- Work closely with Marketing to create demand generation, partner recruitment, and retention programs within the channel partner community
- Provide input into the Tealeaf roadmap and prioritize features.
- Bachelor's degree.
- 15+ years of direct and channel sales experience
- High performers who like to build and are excited about having a wide swath of responsibility are a good fit.
- Demonstrated industry experience in selling SAAS to the CX and/or IT teams within the FSI industry, especially fintechs and other potential channel partners.
- Very comfortable with generating pipeline through account-based marketing and individual efforts. Must excel at using social media and network to generate opportunities.
- We are looking for a higher-than-average level of smarts and “figure it factor” in this leadership role.
- Has the recruiting skills and followership to recruit like-minded high performers.
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.