Office Tour Photos
Job Title: VP Front End Revenue Cycle Operations
Job Profile Code:
Department: 1240 Service Delivery
Reports to: SVP Technology Enabled Services
Number of FTE Direct Reports: tbd
Commission Eligible: no
FLSA Classification: exempt
Full Time Location of Role: Watertown
Prepared by: Jon McDevitt
- Reporting to the SVP Tech Enabled Services, the Vice President of Front End RCM will help lead athenahealths expansion of Ambulatory Revenue Cycle Management Services, building on an existing operation that today processes 250M claims annually, collecting over $40B, on behalf of over 100,000 providers.
- He or she will be responsible for driving innovative solutions and strategy that are the foundation of a successful launch of End to End Revenue Cycle Services.
- Specific experience in Patient Access, Patient Financial Liability Management, Coverage Identification/Pre-authorization and Medical Coding is required.
- The executive will lead a global team of direct and BPO employees and will be directly responsible for Revenue Cycle outcomes.
- The ideal candidate will have experience leading large scale front-end and back-end revenue cycle operations, including extensive on/off-shore vendor selection and management experience.
- A track record for leading large scale RCM operations is required.
- The candidate must be an inspiring manager, able to attract, motivate and retain an industry leading team. S/He must be comfortable working in a fast-moving and evolving environment.
Essential Functions (Duties and Responsibilities):
- Lead immediate expansion of Authorization Management and Coding services
- Contribute thought leadership to End to End Revenue service expansion strategy
- Build and lead operations organization to execute on service expansion
- Leverage existing experience in Revenue Cycle Management to deliver best-in-class services
- Build a high performing team that delivers exceptional business performance and customer outcomes
- Collaborate deeply with Product leadership and R&D
- Identify vendor partners for expanded services
Education & Experience Required:
- Bachelors of Arts or Science; MBA preferred
- 10-15 years of relevant professional experience
- Deep Ambulatory Revenue Cycle experience
- Successful track record of aligning leadership, optimizing management practices and building capabilities that create change and lasting impact
- Record of successful experience leading or consulting to business units with significant cross functional interdependencies, across geographies
- Collaborative working style, with record of influencing through vision, inspiration and compelling logic
- Excellent communication skills, with demonstrated history of effectively influencing leadership positions and driving desired outcomes
More Jobs From