Who We Are
SimpliSafe is a leading innovator in the DIY security industry with one mission: to make every home secure. We believe in democratizing home safety. As our co-founder Chad Laurans aptly put it, you shouldnt have to ask permission to secure your home. You should be able to do it yourself.
SimpliSafe protects over 3 million Americans and were growing at a rapid pace. We pride ourselves in being daring innovators, humble cooperators, and data driven thinkers. We go wherever the best idea leads us, work selflessly to get the best outcomes for our customers, and constantly analyze & reevaluate our efforts.
Reporting to the Chief Technology & Operating Officer, the Vice President Product Engineering will lead and manage a diverse team of engineers responsible for designing, building and optimizing our world-class products. You will provide strategic direction and functional leadership for a team of engineers focused on hardware and firmware. You will collaborate cross-functionally with our product, marketing and operations leaders. We are looking for a strategic thought leader who will optimize and build us to scale to a $1BB global company and beyond. This is a unique, broad based opportunity to lead full-stack physical product development.
What Youll Do:
- Partner with our executive team to influence and set SimpliSafes vision
- Build and lead a Product Factory capable of launching multiple physical Consumer Electronic products in parallel
- Lead, manage and mentor a global team comprised of mechanical, electrical and firmware engineering teams
- Lead and partner with cross functional peers to drive efficiency and accountability
- Partner with Contract and Joint Development Manufacturers
- Deliver hardware from concept to design and through mass production
- Lead the design and delivery of our broad product portfolio and millions of devices in the field:
- IoT, connected devices, cameras, connected sensors
- RF, Wifi, Bluetooth
- Lead our delivery through CM and JDM partnerships, stage/gate hardware development, and agile software development.
- Inspire your team to achieve our Every Home Secure mission
- Recruit and retain a world-class team
- Ensure all engineering activities are aligned with product roadmap and our focus on solving our customers needs.
- Develop, implement and manage annual budget and OKRs
- Identify key risks and develop mitigation strategies and concurrent development paths
- Identify and develop innovative and emerging technologies that enable our product and company vision
What Youll Need:
- Bachelors degree in Electrical Engineering; Advanced degree preferred
- Demonstrated success launching multiple physical consumer products in parallel
- 15+ years leadership experience in engineering and product development in a world-class connected device, consumer physical product organization(s)
- Respect and understanding of other disciplines; including Industrial Design, User Experience, Product Development, Quality and Manufacturing
- Proven experience working with IoT system design, embedded microcontrollers, real time operating systems, Object Oriented Design, multi-threading, shared memory, memory synchronization and low level interfaces
- Proven experience with a wide range of schematic capture and layout tools
- Proven experience with low power and battery powered designs
- Proven experience with embedded product security (development and deployment)
- A no job too small entrepreneurial attitude
- A passion for the consumer and Every Home Secure
- Demonstrated experience working with global teams and with products manufactured outside of the United States
- Ability to effectively work in a dynamic, entrepreneurial, time-sensitive environment
- Demonstrated ability to inspire and develop teams quickly and attract and retain talent
- Proven ability to implement and sustain impactful business change processes.