Acquia is the open source digital experience platform company. We provide the world's most ambitious brands with technology that allows them to adopt innovation and create customer moments that matter. At Acquia, we believe in the power of community and collaboration - giving our customers the freedom to build tomorrow on their terms.
Acquia Marketing Cloud enables enterprises to connect with their customers and drive return on investment for their business with the only cloud marketing platform built on a foundation of unified customer intelligence. Customers boost business agility and maximize the value of marketing by breaking down data silos.
Headquartered in Boston, we have been named as one of North Americas fastest growing software companies as reported by Deloitte and Inc. Magazine, and have been rated a leader by the analyst community and named one of the Best Places to Work by the Boston Business Journal. We are Acquia. We are building for the future of the web, and we want you to be a part of it.
About the team you will be on
Acquia is seeking a Vice President of Engineering for Acquia Marketing Cloud with experience and passion for building and leading high performing complex engineering organizations. You must have a deep and proven track record of leading technology teams with a focus on operational excellence. The VP will be responsible for managing a geographically diverse organization that builds multiple products in the Acquia Marketing Cloud portfolio. The VP will be responsible for managing, developing and recruiting world class engineering teams.
As the VP Engineering, Marketing Cloud, you will
- Drive a positive culture built on trust, ownership, urgency, openness and empowerment
- Lead onshore, offshore, contract, and partner personnel
- Mentor staff, lead all aspects of team career development
- Budget for resource allocation, tooling, and 3rd-party services
- Provide program oversight to ensure teams are delivering according to expectations
- Set objectives (with dates and key results), and perform quarterly and annual reviews of direct reports against those objectives with a focus on accountability
- Proactively provide detailed updates at the executive level to insure team alignment of progress and ability to dive deep into project/program details.
- Interact with and influence the marketing cloud strategy working with key partners on product management and strategy.
- Collaborate with services, support and customer success organizations to ensure success for the products.
Youll enjoy this role if you
- Professional and positive approach, self-motivated, strong in forming relationships, standout colleague, dynamic, creative with the ability to work on own initiative
- Have a consistent track record and passion for building elite products
- Are a strategic problem solver, but can dive in deep to uncover and resolve executional challenges
- Are an agent of change and excel at crafting a collaborative culture
- Have experience with martech stacks and big data platforms
- Passion for building products that customers love
What youll need to be successful
- Strong experience building and maintaining CDP (Customer Data Platforms)
- Strong leadership skills
- Hands on experience in cloud technologies and concepts, PaaS, SaaS, AWS and GCP
- Strong understanding of big data technologies like Kafka, Spark, HBase, Hive, DynamoDB, Snowflake
- Experience working with customers helping to define a functional Business architecture or solution architecting skills.
- Proven track record to break down a strategic roadmap into a focused series of wins that the team can rally around
- Demonstrated track record of managing multiple projects in parallel and to deliver on plan
- Ability to empower and encourage the team and capable of providing cross team leadership
- Experience recruiting, hiring and retaining top engineering talent
- Experience working distributed with India and other locations
- Comp Sci or engineering degree with 15+ years Engineering management experience
- Experience managing multiple scrum teams across different locations
- Demonstrable situational problem solving capacity
- Strong bias for action. Quality and security are key.
Acquia is an equal opportunity (EEO) employer. We hire without regard to age, color, disability, gender (including gender identity), marital status, national origin, race, religion, sex, sexual orientation, veteran status, or any other status protected by applicable law.