Office Tour Photos
VP of Engineering, Traffic Operations
EverQuote (Nasdaq: EVER) makes insurance shopping easy, efficient and personal, saving consumers and insurance providers time and money. We operate the largest online marketplace for insurance shopping in the United States. Our goal is to reshape insurance shopping for consumers and improve the way insurance providers attract and connect with customers as insurance shopping continues to shift online.
EverQuote is seeking a visionary, entrepreneurial leader with excellent interpersonal and leadership skills to lead Marketing Engineering. As the Head of Traffic Engineering, you will act as the CTO of your area, responsible for delivery and operations of technical capabilities across the all your platforms. In addition, you will build and staff a great engineering team, creating a culture of engineering excellence and customer obsession. Youll define and refine both architectures and operating models to deliver maximum value and to guarantee reliability of all services in your portfolio.
Who you are:
- A strong team leader and people manager. You are able to lead and inspire a cross-functional team through strong relationships with team members, with stakeholders and with management.
- A technical pro. Youve built platforms before. Youve made important mistakes and learned from them. You can design systems and own difficult technical decisions. You know how to find and grow technical talent.
- An excellent communicator. You proactively communicate technical decisions and progress in order to build trust in and for the team.
- You care about data. You are passionate to help and enable every employee at EverQuote to make data-driven decisions at every step of the way.
- Together with senior leaders, you are able to set and instill EverQuotes execution and operational vision for all of engineering, evaluate new opportunities, and drive continuous improvement of quality and throughput.
- Experienced in working across many levels; this is both a strategic and technical role, balancing hands-on execution, coaching, and influencing/thought leadership at the highest levels of the organization
- You care passionate about execution. You are able to estimate, balance resources, and plan to ensure stable operations and best-in-class execution across all of engineering.
- We are one of the fastest growing companies in Boston history, at the intersection of tech and big data
- Our company is profitable & established. A startup culture without startup anxiety.
- We encourage creative thinking and independent responsibilities
- Growth mindset culture regularly seeking to reflect and improve
- Genuinely data-driven, with analytics at the core of the company
- Lunch catering to the office, fully-stocked kitchen, company outings to local restaurants, day trips, and more
- We offer competitive salaries, fully paid health and dental insurance, 401K match, stock options and a relaxed & flexible work environment
Confidence can sometimes hold us back from applying for a job. But you should know, there's no such thing as a 'perfect' candidate. EverQuote is a place where everyone can grow. So however you identify and whatever background you bring with you, please apply if this is a role that would make you excited to come into work every day.
More Jobs From