The vice president of demand creation is responsible for designing multitouch demand creation programs that leverage both inbound and outbound tactics.
This is a critical role in the company and the successful candidate will be an exceptionally hands-on leader with deep experience driving B2B demand in a SaaS company. Following the carve-out of Acoustic from IBM in 2019, the company has built the entire GTM engine from scratch, including all people, processes, and systems. In conjunction with building the Acoustic brand, we have developed a multi-faceted approach to creating demand in our primary target markets. As a MarTech vendor, we use a mix of our own products (Acoustic Campaign, Acoustic Content) combined with a Salesforce CRM and associated value-add solutions. The team is nimble and focused, and the leader is expected to be actively engaged in setting strategy and executing tactics (player/coach model).
Acoustic is a private equity owned company with a relentless focus on creating successful business outcomes. This role has accountability for key metrics such as leads, conversion, web traffic, SEO, SEM, and driving growth of the sales pipeline. The culture of the company is deeply rooted in measurement and reporting of results, and this role will have exposure to executive staff and board members as the demand creation leader.
The team currently consists of a campaign strategist, campaign managers, and a website manager. The overall marketing organization for Acoustic is less than 20 people and highly collaborative. Successful team members are proactive, respectful, transparent, collaborative and focused on creating great outcomes for the company and employees. Everything we do is iterative, with a regular focus on test and learn activities.
Specific responsibilities include allocating budget, selecting targets, determining the tactical mix, designing offers and calls to action, and setting individual program goals and measurement criteria.
Additional responsibilities include managing external agencies and internal resources, creating demand creation programs “in a box” for direct and indirect sales, and building/ managing shared demand creation processes with inside/field/channel sales.
Demonstrated ability to leverage the power of Martech in demand creation is essential. This role works in partnership with multiple disciplines to drive demand, including sales, communications, product/ solution marketing and field/regional marketing.
Role reports to CMO; will manage a team of 4-6 marketing professionals
What You'll Do
- Develop and execute measurable demand creation programs that drive revenue through direct sales teams
- Work with product/solution marketing to establish a common campaign frameworks
- Interlock with regional field sales leadership to ensure agreement on priorities, adjusting as required by changing market conditions and emerging opportunities
- Work with Web site resources to ensure that inbound traffic can be converted into known leads through a best-in-class Web experience
- Implement testing methodologies to enhance the demand creation process, including response and conversion rates and multivariate testing
- Define the end-to-end lead management process in conjunction with sales operations and marketing operations, including lead capture, nurturing via portfolio marketing, and service-level agreements (lead definitions, lead acceptance/rejection reasons and disqualification reasons that feed into appropriate nurture streams when applicable)
- Forecast, measure, analyze and report on the impact of demand creation activities on sales pipeline, revenue and sales cycle length
- Evaluate, select and manage outside vendors that contribute to demand creation programs including direct marketing agencies, search engine optimization (SEO) experts, designers, copywriters, email providers and intent data providers
- Juggle multiple projects in a dynamic, high-pressure environment
- Manage and adhere to a budget
- 8 or more years of b-to-b demand creation experience in a SaaS company
- Five or more years of b-to-b digital/inbound marketing including Web and content marketing, ability to leverage social media to seed demand, search engine optimization/search engine marketing (SEO/SEM), association marketing and content syndication
- Marketing automation, Web content management, Web analytics and business intelligence (reporting and analysis tools)
- Building and managing a shared Demand Waterfall with sales
- Proven record of supporting sales to meet or exceed pipeline and revenue targets
- Excellent communicator with proven ability to clearly convey complex ideas and data in written, presentation and spoken formats to a variety of audiences
- Demonstrated strong listening, information gathering and empathy skills for uncovering and defining deliverables, needs and outcomes
- Experience creating and implementing proven successful, seeding, demand creation, lead nurturing and pipeline acceleration programs
- Team player with cross-functional project leadership skills
- Demonstrated skills in positioning and differentiating products and services
- Highly motivated individual who thrives in a fast paced team environment and is readily adaptable to changing market and organizational requirements
Acoustic is an independent marketing cloud with the open platform needed for success in a dynamic world. We’re reimagining marketing technology by lessening the burdens of repetitive tasks and equipping marketers with powerful technology that is simple and easy to use. We give marketers more time to do what really matters—to think bigger and put themselves back into the work. We help marketers aim higher, bringing humanity back into marketing. Acoustic serves an international client base of more than 3,500 brands, including Fortune 500 companies, providing digital marketing, marketing analytics, content management, personalization, mobile marketing, and marketing automation solutions. For more information, visit www.acoustic.com.
Acoustic is proud to be an equal opportunity employer. We value diversity and are committed to providing an inclusive environment for everyone. All employment is decided on the basis of qualifications, merit, and business need.