Office Tour Photos
At Tripadvisor, we believe theres good out there. We understand that travel brings out the best in us, while lifting deserving businesses and strengthening the communities we meet along the way. We know that as the worlds largest travel site, were here to inspire and empower people to explore our world with confidence and share their trip experiences with others. And every day, we see our ideas come to life in work that enables travelers to discover all the good the world has to offer. As part of the Tripadvisor team, youll have the opportunity to do the same.
With over 760 million reviews & opinions and 490 million average monthly visitors, data is at the center of everything we do. We play at the cutting edge of big data and analytics, and expose and build out an infrastructure with skills that can be applied to any industry. Whether it's improving data accuracy or building tools to transfer vital information, we excel at optimizing performance and providing insight into complex issues.
As the VP of Data Science & Analytics, you will be responsible for collecting, managing, and analyzing user data and product data to provide business intelligence solutions for Product, Marketing, Finance, and Business teams. Manage a team of action-oriented data scientists and analysts, lead and promote our data-focused culture, and act as a key stakeholder in enhancing our data technologies. This position reports directly to our Chief Experience Officer and is expected to have a high impact on the organization.
What youll do:
- Identify, collect, prepare, and analyze customer and product data across a wide range of domains
- Set the vision and strategy for analytics with a focus on creating customer value
- Provide vital business intelligence that drive resourcing and product strategy decisions
- Integrate data collection, data quality, and core model output into production; apply data mining techniques to uncover actionable business insights
- Ensure and improve data integrity, data accuracy, and data quality
- Work with data engineering team to build a scalable data infrastructure that enables activity tracking, audience profiling, and other data analytics
- Establish best practices for big-data technologies, tools, and own processes related to model section, accuracy, and efficiency
- Identify new data sources to enhance analytics
- Collaborate with all teams to find growth levers and optimization opportunities
- Offer actionable business recommendations based on empirical data and external factors
- Collaborate with engineering, product and finance to provide informed, data-backed insights on that drive revenue and improve consumer experience
- Member of the CoreX leadership team and SME on data science and analytics for Tripadvisor as a whole
What you have:
- 15+ years experience in algorithmic engineering, data science, and/or machine learning
- 7+ years of experience in managing, and mentoring data science, data engineering, and analytics teams in a high-scale technology company
- Preference for candidates with experience at a B2C consumer company, with responsibilities overseeing data science or ML for marketing, advertising, personalization and/or loyalty efforts
- 5+ years of experience with data warehouses and ETL
- Deep technical background with a MS or PhD in mathematics, statistics, computer science or a related field
More Jobs From