Car shopping is complicated. At CarGurus, we use data and technology to make it simple, giving people the tools they need to confidently find, buy, finance, or sell a car. The best part? Our work makes a real impact. Were the most-visited car-shopping site in the US, and we are growing fast in our international markets. Ready to come along for the ride?
CarGurus is looking for an experienced, motivated, innovative and results-oriented VP of Consumer Product to join our team. As a leader in the organization, you will have overall responsibility for developing and implementing the consumer product vision and strategy for CarGurus industry-leading and evolving car shopping service! The ideal candidate will bring extensive product management skills, people leadership expertise, and business understanding to the role. Reporting to the Chief Product Officer, you will work with a diverse group of partners and your team to take CarGurus already market leading core consumer experience to the next level. You will identify ways to continue to differentiate with a focus on consumer needs and capitalize on opportunities to continually improve and grow CarGurus innovative used car shopping experience. The Product leader will partner with the engineering teams to identify the highest potential product improvements and new consumer opportunities, and then collaborate with engineering to bring ideas to fruition- measuring and optimizing results. The role is highly cross-functional, leading a team of dynamic product managers as well as partnering across the organization, requires strong analytical and research skills, and will require someone who has a passion for innovation.
What you'll do:
- Actively partner with engineering and build a product roadmap that continues to expand CarGurus market-leading proposition to empower consumers as they go through their car buying journey.
- Become a "guru" on the car shopping landscape. Identify and deliver on unmet consumer needs. Use consumer research, competitive analysis and market feedback to evolve the CarGurus web and mobile app experiences and to provide the consumer platform for CarGurus future growth.
- Facilitate cross-functional ideation and prioritization of the highest value opportunities, assessing both ROI impact and resource requirements.
- Partner with our world-class Engineering and UX Design teams to define, build, and launch new consumer shopping capabilities, and optimize existing site performance.
- Drive deeper consumer engagement, in partnership with our consumer acquisition team, through SEO, SEM, and consumer retention strategies.
- Collaborate with the Consumer Marketing team to promote new features to our customer base.
- Promote and secure consensus for consumer roadmap priorities throughout the broader organization and ensure all teams are collaborating to drive product initiative success.
- Lead and Inspire a group of Product Managers and enable success and growth opportunities for the team.
Who you are:
- 10+ years of Product Management Experience; ideally in a high-growth environment
- Experience leading a high- performing team, strong mentorship skills
- Strong problem solving, analytic, and decision-making skills. Able to interpret data and trends and formulate innovative and effective actions plans to address opportunities or challenges
- Experience and comfort with evolving business processes to scale with the needs of a rapidly-growing organization
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, experience working across varied teams
- Strong attention to detail and the ability to build success metrics, driving teams towards achieving goals
- Willingness/ability to roll up your sleeves and do, not just direct
- Strong team player that works well in collaborative situations
- Bachelors degree with strong academic performance; MBA a plus
- Good sense of humor and likes working in an unstructured, fast-paced environment
Research shows that while men apply to jobs when they meet an average of 60% of the criteria, women and other marginalized folks tend to only apply when they check every box. So if you think you have what it takes, but don't necessarily meet every single point on the job description, please still get in touch. We'd love to have a chat and see if you could be a great fit.
At CarGurus, we invest in our peoples professional growth with everything from learning and development programs to tuition reimbursement. Want to work on projects that expand your skill set without sacrificing your work/life balance? You got it. We also strive to provide perks and benefits that employees actually care about like free lunch, commuter subsidies, and more. That includes equity in the companyour way of showing that we want you here for the long haul.
We work hard every day to build the worlds most trusted and transparent automotive marketplace, but trust and transparency dont just apply to our consumers. They extend to our talent, too. We aim to create a workplace where everyone feels they can bring the ultimate expression of themselves and their potentialwhere you dont just fit, you thrive. We dont discriminate based on race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex, marital status, ancestry, physical or mental disability, veteran status, gender identity, or sexual orientation.
CarGurus employees in the US can choose to work from home / remotely for the duration of 2021, or participate in a phased return to our beautiful office spaces. We expect most roles to be in-office at least 3 days a week beginning January 2022. In addition to the US, CarGurus operates sites in Canada and the UK. We have offices in Cambridge, MA; Detroit, MI; Dublin, Ireland; San Francisco, CA and London, UK. Check out our careers page to learn more.