Demiurge is searching for an experienced UX designer/UI developer to guide our talented UX team through all phases of interface development, over multiple projects and genres. You are a diligent student of the best and newest game interface, across all platforms. You're comfortable making a wireframe, creating the perfect 'play' button, or picking fonts for a UI style guide. And you're an empathetic soul who intuits how interfaces can frustrate or delight our players.
At Demiurge you'll find a stable studio with an amazing, collaborative culture and a deep respect for UX in our mobile games. Our dedication to sane and sustainable development is well known in the Boston game community. We're working on exciting new projects with tons of fascinating UI challenges and opportunities. This is a great opportunity to flex your skills and develop new ones - join us!
Please note, relocation assistance or remote work may be available for this role.
- Guide and grow a team of UX/UI designers
- Create amazing, intuitive interfaces for our games!
- Work closely with design and engineering to establish UI development pipelines and feature requirements
- Share your techniques and mentor folks
- Provide direction for external artists/teams
- Critique your own and others' work constructively, and raise our internal artistic bar
- 1+ shipped mobile title as UX Lead
- 5+ years experience working on Game UX and UI
- Leadership history on prior projects
- Excellent personal, written and oral communication skills
- Broad knowledge of the many requirements and steps involved in delivering high quality interface art
- Skilled with industry tools: Illustrator, XD, Figma, Photoshop, Sketch
- Experience working in game engines: Unreal, Unity, or equivalent
- Strong sense of graphic design, font, color
- Portfolio or demo reel that demonstrates breadth of skill, styles, genres
- 3+ years game industry employment
- Must be eligible to work in United States
Preference to Applicants with:
- Traditional illustration/fine arts training
- Experience in mobile, console, and pc interface development
- 2+ shipped titles
- BFA (or higher)
- Love for games, and who play them regularly
- Outside interests!
Demiurge Studios is a privately-held video game developer based in Cambridge, MA. Creating games is our passion and we bring years of expertise to our projects. The teams at Demiurge build fun, accessible games like our hit, Marvel Puzzle Quest. We also provide co-development services to larger, best-in-industry game companies. In that capacity, Demiurge has contributed to titles such as Bioshock, Rock Band, and Mass Effect.
Demiurge Studios is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to diversity, equity and inclusion. All employment decisions are made without regard to race, color, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, religion, disability, medical condition, pregnancy, marital status, or Veteran status. Demiurge Studios also makes workplace accommodations for individuals with disabilities or special needs.