Office Tour Photos
Who is Virgin Pulse?
Virgin Pulse, founded as part of Sir Richard Branson’s famed Virgin Group, helps organizations build employee health and wellbeing into the DNA of their corporate cultures. As the only company to deliver a powerful, mobile-first digital platform infused with live services, including coaching and biometric screenings, Virgin Pulse’s takes a high-tech-meets-high-touch-approach to engage employees in improving across all aspects of their health and wellbeing, every day – from prevention and building a healthy lifestyle to condition and disease management to condition reversal, all while engaging users daily in building and sustaining healthy habits and behaviors. A global leader in health and wellbeing, Virgin Pulse is committed to helping change lives and businesses around the world for good so that people and organizations can thrive, together. Today, more than 3100 organizations across the globe are using Virgin Pulse’s solutions to improve health, employee wellbeing and engagement, reduce costs and create strong workplace cultures.
Who are our employees?
At Virgin Pulse we’re passionate about changing lives for good. We want to make a difference in the world by helping people be healthy so they can perform at their best, every day, at work and home. Our award-winning solutions support leading employers in improving and simplifying the employee health and wellbeing journey and engaging people in all aspects of their health. But our world-class products and programs are nothing without our people – the employees who design, build, promote, sell, test and perfect the latest innovations in workplace health and wellbeing. Our people are our top priority and we invest in their health and happiness. At Virgin Pulse, we have so much more than a strong, supportive company culture – have a shared vision for a healthier, happier world.
Who You Are
We’re seeking a talented qualitative or mixed-methods UX Researcher to work closely with designers, content strategists, and other team members to learn about our user’s pain points and needs. You will then advocate for a world-class user experience based on these insights.
You have a breadth of experience with user research and usability testing methods. Your research will focus on actionable insights that directly impact the work of product managers, designers, writers, and engineers throughout our global organization.
Among The Areas You’ll Be Ready to Work On:
- Collaborate with product, content, data, and marketing teams to identify research questions and evaluate hypotheses;
- Understand the needs of diverse user groups and balance them with the goals of a fast-paced, growing business;
- Design and conduct design research that investigates user behavior and attitudes, using methods including usability testing, card sorts, focus group discussions, diaries studies, and more;
- Conduct generative research to help the team identify needs and come up with early-stage ideas;
- Communicate results clearly and persuasively;
- Help us democratize design research by being playing an advisory role and ensuring quality as other team members undertake their own research projects;
- Assist in building up our research operations, including exploring and setting up new research tools.
What you bring to our team
- Bachelor’s degree in a human behavior-related field, such as human-computer interaction, human factors, psychology, sociology, communication, information science, or other social science discipline.
- Deep empathy for those with different life experience than you, ability to set aside assumptions to learn from research;
- 2-5 years professional experience in product-oriented UX/user research, market research, or user experience design;
- Experience with user interviews, usability testing, and qualitative user research methods;
- Ability to formulate good research questions and to select the best research method for the problem at hand;
- A self-starter attitude and the ability to work independently, while also thriving on collaboration and working well with a team;
- Stellar prioritization skills.
Nice to have:
- Design sensibilities and interest in visual design;
- Some exposure with interactive prototyping tools preferred;
- Experience working in an agile software discovery and development process;
- Experience leading a research project from start to finish with minimal support.
Why work here?
We believe a career should provide competitive pay and benefits, a collaborative and supportive work environment, strong employee culture and cutting-edge technology and services — so many reasons to love it here.
*We are an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to any protected class status.
More Jobs From