: UX Interaction Designer (Junior)
Office Tour Photos
What’s it like to work at Quick Base? Well, our company, our market and our customers are growing fast. This means all Quick Base employees are engaged in interesting and challenging work, we have the opportunity to try new and different things and lots of room for career advancement (1/3 of our employees are in a new role from 1 year ago!). We work with exceptional colleagues and foster an environment that empowers those closest to the work to make decisions and provide each other the support to move quickly and learn as we go. Quick Base combines the excitement and pace of a startup with the stability and work/life balance of a market leader. Find out if Quick Base is for you!
Join the Quick Base Design team as an Interaction Designer to help create an amazing user experience for Quick Base, the innovative platform that allows business-people to rapidly create powerful and sophisticated web and mobile business apps, automate processes, and improve team communication and collaboration. All without coding.
As an Interaction Designer, you are equally adept at identifying users’ needs, generating multiple concepts, and enjoy diving into the smallest design details. You’ll be integral to a dedicated Agile team, who is empowered to make decisions on the what, why, and how to deliver customer value.
- Engage with the team in determining the team’s roadmap, and how to deliver customer value quickly
- Work smart and lean. Adapt your process to the needs of the design and the team
- Work seamlessly as a key team member on a cross-functional product team, with visual & content designers, product managers and engineers
- Incorporate Design Thinking in how you work
- Accelerate game-changing design by defining creative, intuitive and delightful user experience solutions
- Participate in customer research and validation to ensure your design meets and exceeds customer expectations
- Help build our set of interaction guidelines and patterns; support the translation of these into re-usable components
- You have at least a year of of experience in delivering interaction designs for web sites or products; preferably experience with PaaS
- You have an online portfolio showcasing UX design experience or school projects
- You have knowledge of user-centered design principles and best practices, user research methodologies, cloud software industry standards and trends
- You have lean startup mentality to quickly propose and test to discover what works
- You are self-motivated to learn the business processes and user needs of any project
- You are able to assess, prioritize and make trade-offs against business, technical, and user constraints
- You are skilled in your favorite design tool (Photoshop, Illustrator, Dreamweaver, Balsamiq, Axure, Sketch) but equally skilled in creating lo-fi prototypes for quick experiments
- You have great communication skills, both oral and written
- You have great interpersonal skills for working with a team
- Visual design experience is a big plus
- Coding experience is a big plus
More Jobs From