ASICS is currently seeking a Senior Product Designer in Amsterdam. In this role you will partner with product owners, regional business owners, engineers and end users to contribute to our growing digital ecosystem. This position will be focused on our B2B platform as well as regional improvements to the ASICS Europe eCommerce experience.
Our ideal candidate will help us understand user behavior, needs and motivation at a fundamental level. They will do this through user interviews, ethnographic research, diving into customer data, journey maps, user personas, and other artifacts.
In this role you will be working on our global ASICS Digital team and report to the Director of Product Design in the Boston office. About 80% of the work will be user research and UX design, and the remaining 20% will be focused on visual UI design.
**You must include a portfolio in your application to be considered for this role.**
What you'll do
- Work closely with product management and engineering to discover customer "opportunities" and research best solutions.
- Facilitate and lead customer interviews and usability studies to understand our users and their needs.
- Sketch & prototype those new experiences with just enough documentation (we try to keep things as Lean as possible).
- Finalize with high-fidelity mockup and hand-off to engineering.
- Clearly articulate the rationale behind design decisions and communicate them effectively with the team.
- Participate in QA throughout development to ensure the experience delivered to customers meets expectations.
- Devote time to know our product and market.
- Keep the pulse on new features and work the solution after shipping it to users until we get it right.
- Be a leader and advocate in defining and evolving the product development process so that it works for everyone.
- Work with ASICS marketing teams to help define concepts ASICS consumers love while also delivering real value to end users.
Senior Product Designers typically
- Lead the design strategy and execution within a product team, with some guidance and coaching.
- Help define the design work and balance customer and business outcomes.
- Consult with the product owner to help inform product strategy.
- Present to and communicate with stakeholders throughout the discovery, define, design and deliver processes.
- Mentor junior designers and participate in team critiques.
- Contribute to the culture of the UX team.
A little bit about our team
- Our product team strongly values curiosity, kindness, and honesty. We enjoy challenging ourselves with new problems and emerging technologies. We care about making products that help both our customers and other ASICS employees. We trust each other to be honest about challenges so that we can overcome them as a team.
- What you'll have
- 4+ years of UX design experience on a software product, preferably working on a consumer-facing application.
- An understanding of the mobile landscape and experience with responsive web design. App development a plus.
- Retail and ecommerce experience a plus
- Enthusiasm for verifying assumptions and validating ideas with both quantitative and qualitative user research
- Experience with design and prototyping tools such as Figma, Sketch, and InVision.
- Familiarity with the value of design systems, understanding reuse and scale, and knowing when to contribute to make them better
- Strong communication skills and a keen attention to detail
- Bachelor's degree in a related field such as interactive design, architecture, industrial design, graphic design, or human factors or equivalent work experience required.
Become a part of the ADI community:
ADI is taking active steps towards becoming a diverse, equitable, and inclusive workplace. We aim to engage in D&I work that permeates our organization and all employees are expected to be actively involved.
-ADI is a strong, global community where we collaborate and care for each other.
-We value a diversity of opinion, everyones input, and increasing the number of voices at the table.
-Youll have the opportunity to join the D&I task force, participate in affinity spaces, learn and grow on your anti-racist journey. We all need to know what anti-racist is so that everyone can talk about what it actually means.
-We center our employees as full people. We dont just accept difference, we celebrate it, support it, and thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community.
Equal Opportunity Employer Description:
At ADI, we dont just accept diversity we celebrate it, we support it, and we thrive on it for the benefit of our employees, our products, and our community. ASICS Digital is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability, age, veteran status, or fitness level.